Blue spot brake seals???

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

nuggitt wrote:Right lads I bring good news.

I took the MC apart once again & removed the extra washer that came with the kit, and I'm pleased to say I can now get pressure between 30 to 40 pumps on the lever after bleeding the system with cracking open a nipple.

I've just been out for a test run and I did a brake test where I didn't touch the front brake lever and after a couple of miles I pulled up at the side of the road with only using the rear brake to slow me down, and jumped off the bike and gently felt both discs and they were both cold so no more binding. That makes me very happy so I'm going to put closure on this pain in the bum.

Thanks for all your input lads, and take note make sure if you need a washer or not in your MC? :D If a washer doesn't come out when you change it then don't put one in. :nod:

As for the inclusion of the washer, then why would one side of the braking system be affected more than the other side? I'm a bit puzzled, but then again pleased that at least you have your braking back up to a decent pressure again :thumbsup: :clap:
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

YAMAEXUP wrote:
OGRI wrote:Yamaha may already know did you ask them, the corrosion from the collector box does creep up the downpipes, you can see it on another thread.
Fortunately the entire exhaust is not always wet, like inside a braking system, to accelerate the process.
The accident I spoke of in that car was a deformed piston, I had to replace it for new, as it would keep hanging up even after through cleaning, probably the intense heat kept making it get cocked in the bore afterwards.
As for bollocks, well done is that your only opinion.
:nod:
I'm not concerned about your car. We're talking bikes. If the piston comes that far out of the caliper then the pad must be missing.
Brake fluid does not just absorb water, it is "Hydroscopic" so it will physically draw water
And why would the inside of a braking system be wet???? Wet with brake fluid maybe, but not wet with water....
Brake fluid does not just absorb water, it is "Hydroscopic" so it will physically draw water from beyond seals and bottle caps, from the atmosphere too, to then absorb it. It is an ongoing and continuous process.

So lets recap, on a vintage bike site, you state that scratching calipers with steel tools is good practice.
Using matchwood instead, as worked out by Nuggitt in minutes, took you over 44yrs and you still don`t get it. Bwahaha
Your advice on an unknown metal washer in FZR brake reservoirs, is beyond stupid, its dangerous.
It could easily have had a very negative outcome.
Its a liability to put something like that on a knowledgeable bike forum.
If it all went wrong then where would you be, oh thats right nowhere to be found.
It would be the sites owners who would take the brunt of it, for you.
Lets say Stig had to defend himself in court, even if he won it would cost him his house just to defend himself.
Legal Disclaimers do not provide a 100% defense. Especially for such dangerous guesswork as yours.
For me its no longer worth continuing this thread. OGRI.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I think we've done this topic to death and have ALL the necessary information. The information related on this forum is of personal members experiences and opinions. You take from it what you choose....

Thank you all. End of discussion. Admin
AKA Bald headed b'stard