YZF750 Swingarm on Thunderace conversion

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
andyace
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

YZF750 Swingarm on Thunderace conversion

Post by andyace »

Hi, I'm waiting for a YZF750 swingarm to arrive in the post to fit to my thunderace to go with the ZX10r shock.
The swingarm comes with the dog bones and linkage but no swingarm bolt. Does anybody know if the original thunderace swingarm bolt can be used? Can I also use the thunderace linkage? I have bought seperate 'jack up' dog bones.
Any other advice on what extra I may need when swapping over? Many thanks!
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Gord »

The Thunderace shares essentially the same frame, so would think the swing arm will bolts straight in.
RAG TOP
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by RAG TOP »

did this to my ace few years ago,swing arm bolt rear wheel spindal fit, rear wheel fits wheel spacers fit, the brake torque arm on the 750 is slightly shorter,you do need the 750 cup washers that attach to the outside of the swing arm spindal tube as the ace ones are thinner.i would recommend that you take 2 links out of the chain as the 750 arm is shorter than the ace and you have to split the chain to fit it anyway.
:D
no fool like an old fool