WANTED: ExUP 1000 OEM Muffler (or Aftermarket)

Post your items for sale and items wanted here.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

WANTED: ExUP 1000 OEM Muffler (or Aftermarket)

Post by kboehringer »

FZR Enthusiasts.
I am in need of a Muffler assembly for my '92 FZR 1000.

The PO of this bike removed the ExUP system and replaced it with a 4-2-1 aftermarket unit from D&D Exhaust. I have purchased the proper header pipe with the valve but need either: a.) an OEM muffler assy, or b.) an aftermarket transition pipe and muffler.

I could continue to use the NOISY muffler until a replacement can be acquired but I have no way to transition from the OEM Exup header to the muffer since the aftermarket header pipe installed is a 4-2-1 variety it will not mate the two. A used aftermarket transition pipe could also be helpful.....

I'm assuming someone may have removed their OEM unit for aftermarket and saved the old one? Like to make some $$ (dollars, sterling, Euros, etc.) for that unit just collecting dust in the corner of your bike shop? I can put in the elbow grease and do the bit of polishing, cleaning, etc. for a useable piece.

As this is an attempt at a restoration, an OEM unit would certainly be preferred but anything that would allow me to get the ExUp valve back in service on this machine would be a benefit.

I am located in the U.S. and I understand this can be more difficult. All expenses paid via whatever method you prefer.

Need something from the U.S. not available in Europe/Britain? I can make that work also!

Sincerely,
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
two-stroke-brit
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by two-stroke-brit »

i have one (oem muffler).
i will post a pic tonite.
postage will be $$$ as is heavy.
from Texas. but cheaper than across the pond.
mark
IT MAY BE ROUGH LOOKING BUT ITS A FUN RIDE
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Thanks you and apology

Post by kboehringer »

two-stroke-brit,

Thank you for the effort and the offer. I must apologize as I should have updated this post. Stig & Nuggitt found me one in England and it is already mounted on the bike.....

I'm sorry I forgot to update this thread ....

Sincerely,
Kurt
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
two-stroke-brit
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by two-stroke-brit »

no worries ,glad it worked out for you.
cheers mark
IT MAY BE ROUGH LOOKING BUT ITS A FUN RIDE