1989 FZR1000 Exup up for sale soon

Post your items for sale and items wanted here.
jonny bravo
Test Rider
Test Rider

1989 FZR1000 Exup up for sale soon

Post by jonny bravo »

Sad days. The Exup has got to go. I've had numerous bikes over the past 30 years, but nothing compares to the connectivity of the exup. Sadly I've had to realise too many injuries from adventure sports means I can't comfortably ride it for more than 15 mins.

So - There will be an '89 exup available soon. Red,white n blue colour scheme - will get pics up tomorrow.

Also have a ton of spares - spare wheels, brand new stainless exhaust box, 2 spare fairings and a donor bike

If anyone wants the whole lot make me an offer so I can buy a more comfortable boring assed BMW tourer to still be able to commute from time to time

:crybaby:
jonny bravo
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by jonny bravo »

There she is - feel guilty for making several hundred spiders homeless

Haven't tarted her up to sell yet, so you can see all of her minor faults - few scuffs on the side panels, paint lacquer flaking on seat cowl - nothing major
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Think you'll get best money by not over tarting it and trying to hide stuff. Good clean and sort any mechanicals, new MOT maybe.
History is the thing, and not silly stamps in the book. Any receipts you can find and a (honest) spreadsheet helps. GLWS.

BTW I stopped riding 18 months ago. Physical stuff and felt an adrenaline gap. Bought a CLS55 AMG and just had it mapped up from 475bhp to 520bhp. Also derestricted. 183mph in 4th on the dyno. Dynoman wouldn't go to 5th because the tyres are rated to 186 mph.

On holiday - in Holland now - then off to Hamburg and Baltic coast :evil: Hope to see what the V Max is. :eek:
Keep on keepin' on.
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

That looks quite a tidy bike.
The only thing that lets it down in the pics are the mirrors. Get them cleaned up and it will look great.
jonny bravo
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by jonny bravo »

It's now on ebay

If anyone on here wants it - make me an offer to save the ebay fees and I'll throw in a whole bunch of spares

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333297520563

Very very sad day!
Teego

Post by Teego »

Sad day indeed. Problem is none of us Exup or ex-Exup owners is getting any younger. With TLC the bikes can perform as well as ever.
I'd better stop now.............
Keep on keepin' on.