A ride out today.

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

A ride out today.

Post by nuggitt »

Took myself off today for a ride into the Yorkshire Dales. Passing through Knaresborough and on my way to Pateley Bridge. From Pateley Bridge I headed for a small village called Wath. I had to laugh when I pulled up to do the photos all the sheep and lambs in the bottom of the field came running up to me all bleating away. I thought to myself I bet they've never seen a human in a pink romper suit before.

I've taken a few nice countryside shots and it was nice to get out and the bike went rather well.

Called at Ripon for a tea break and from there went to Tadcaster and then popped in to Sherburn for half an hour.

Need to clean and grease my chain now so that's were I'm going next.

Enjoy the photos, though they don't do the scenes justice really. :nod:

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

It was nice weather up there today. Only momento I have to show for it is bird shit etched into the car bonnet. Seems the entire flock from Whitby shat on my car in the last 24 hours :mad:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

You think you've got problems Stig?

I couldn't hear myself think today in the Pateley Bridge park for these two noisy sods. They nearly put me off my egg and cress sandwiches.

Noisy Gull's :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

John, get yoursen a Scottoiler for the chain. You won't regret it.
Look like some great Sunday roasts on that spring lamb. Barnsley chops too. I have just the wine to go with it.
Have to get up to my farm butcher before the weekend.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I prefer to do it myself Chris. It keeps me busy. :nod:

I use a mixture of paraffin and gear oil 80 and a paintbrush. The paraffin gets rid of all the crud and the gear oil lubricates the links and rollers. I leave it overnight and then wipe all the excess off until dry and then apply the Wurth chain lube. You're good to go for approximately 350 miles. :thumbsup: