Burgman 650 have I lost the plot.

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Burgman 650 have I lost the plot.

Post by jas328sport »

Anyone ridden one of these things. After being single for the last 18 months I have decided that I must do something to change my current pastime of just sitting in front of netflix for hours on end.
I am looking forward to getting the fzr out of hibernation when it warms up a bit but I know that I will again struggle to do many miles as it is too painful to ride for any length of time. I also own a 125 scooter which although painfully slow is still good fun and very comfortable which got me thinking about a big scooter that would be quick enough as well as being comfortable enough to ride all day.
There are loads about but the big burgman seem to be regarded as one of the best and as they have been around for ages you can pick up an older one pretty cheaply.
Thought?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I once went out for a ride with some friends of roadrunner. (Mike) One of the lad's in the group had a Suzuki Burgman and to be honest I thought I hope we aren't waiting for him all day on that bloody thing. It wasn't to be because I was very impressed with the way it handled and the speed it got up to, and that was on some of the twisties too. So no I don't think you've lost the plot matey. Another bonus about them is that they've got a full size wardrobe under your arse to store all your bike gear in, infact you could put your telly in the storage if you wanted and still watch Netflix. :lol:
:lol: :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

nuggitt wrote: infact you could put your telly in the storage if you wanted and still watch Netflix. :lol:
:lol: :nod:
:D :D :D :D
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

Well that didn't go exactly to plan as I decided to hell with it I am getting myself a gsxr 1000. Went to see one and ended up leaving a deposit on an aprilia tuono fighter instead. Absolutely gorgeous bike with an akropovic endcan that sounds awesome.
https://youtu.be/rBWSIEhxbOM
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Well that looks very nice Jas but where the hell is the telly going to go?? :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

nuggitt wrote:Well that looks very nice Jas but where the hell is the telly going to go?? :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

jas328sport wrote:
nuggitt wrote:Well that looks very nice Jas but where the hell is the telly going to go?? :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sod the telly and all the detritus of modern life.
All you really need is a bike, a good set of tools, a roof over its head, a roof over your head and positive cashflow into your account for food, drink, petrol etc.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Spot on teego. :thumbsup:
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

Well I picked the Tuono up today and what a nice bike to ride, very docile and easy until you open it up and then the pull is brutal, I couldn't resist a 2nd gear pull as soon as I got the chance and my god does it go, even leaning as far forward as I could, the wheel was coming up until I bottled it. Going to have to get some earplugs though as its bloody loud.
bodgerpete
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by bodgerpete »

just seen this. i've been looking at replacing the vtr for a while and i had a test ride on a tuono v4 in aprilia swindon. honestly, i have never ridden anything like it! it's totally bonkers. like you say, docile to ride until you give it the beans. wheelie control is brilliant but it didnt stop the front lifting on a long sweeping left. never steered with my arse before! sadly, my dodgy hip was hurting within minutes so the vtr stays for now