Back to the fold

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Should know better
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Back to the fold

Post by Should know better »

Well after selling my FZR 1000 Genny last year and purchasing a Speed Triple I`ve decided I cant live without a Fzr so one succesful bid on flea bay later and I am the proud owner of not one but two FZR 750`S (admitedly one is in bits).

Planning on doing a proper resto job on the best of the pair and selling on any surplus bits to fund the build. Am I correct in thinking the 750 was never officially imported into the UK as I cant seem to find much info on them.

Anyway any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated,hopefully I will get some pics up when I can master the computer thingy (better at spannering than it!).

Cheers, Sean.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Good lad, Sean
Keep on keepin' on.
Graham Crayon
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Graham Crayon »

Good man. I think I saw those two bikes on ebay last month. I bought a 1000 Genesis last year in boxes & have very nearly finished putting it back together. my mate went out & bought a 750 within weeks of me getting mine.
750 has better, more adjustment on front forks & ally clip ons. I think the engine is basically a single pick up FZ750 lump with 1000 sump for oil cooler take offs but there could be other differences. Brill bikes whichever engine they have. Really really really pleased with mine. can't wait to get it out this year. :cool:
Life's short & it's hard like a body building elf
Should know better
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Yep those were the ones on E bay!! Not too much work to get sorted hopefully🤔
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Sorry I'm late but welcome back. Once you get the FZR blood in your vein's you never lose it.

If you have problems with photos send them to me via my email address and I'll post them on for you. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Should know better
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Cheers nuggit👍
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

Spotted an fzr 600 last week stuck under an old parking bay under a tarp while i was at work needs a lot of tlc but would be a good project for someone!!!
Ride it like ya stole it