HAPPY NEW GYTR R1

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

HAPPY NEW GYTR R1

Post by BONLY1 »

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Can't believe I'm the first posting here in 2019.
Still got me Foxeye, hoping to do a classic track day or two next year in celebration of my 60th. :nod:
But if I bought a new GYTR R1, would I still be allowed on here... would you lot talk to me?
Anyone there...........
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/201 ... ytr-r1-r3/
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Same to you mr B. I've not been on site as feeling a bit under the weather over new year

If you get the new R1 you'll be more than welcome. We put up with all deviants here 😁
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Re: HAPPY NEW GYTR R1

Post by Teego »

BONLY1 wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR
Can't believe I'm the first posting here in 2019.
Still got me Foxeye, hoping to do a classic track day or two next year in celebration of my 60th. :nod:
But if I bought a new GYTR R1, would I still be allowed on here... would you lot talk to me?
Anyone there...........
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/201 ... ytr-r1-r3/
This site is so quiet you could come in with a Virago. We'll be setting up a stand in Morrisons like the double glazing people. Stig and Nuggit need something to do on Saturdays. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I lurked around on my Gixxer for a few years and nobody took offence. Sold that a year ago and filled the adrenaline gap with a CLS55 AMG. Are you seriously considering the GYTR? Or did you already get it?
Keep on keepin' on.
Teego

Post by Teego »

Bloody hell, I've just seen the price. You could get a Panigale V4R for that.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Issue is we are only a niche group so could never demand a high traffic flow. We still have many visitors to the site but I should imaging as long as their bikes are running OK then theres no need to post a question

My own circumstances don't help in that ive not got time (or funds, as all costs come from my own pocket) to dedicate to the forum or update the software.
I work full time and also have my grand daughter the majority of weekends. The little time I do get free is taken up by chors and trying to get on with the Twincam (good progress being made but still a lot to do)
I had intended the Toyota would be completed 2 years ago but life gets in the way.... another reason why the Exup's been parked up yet again (no Nuggitt I'm not thinking of selling it :paranoid: )

Most of the sites day to day running is usually done on my phone but this doesn't help the overall bigger picture with time spent on home PC decreasing more and more as days go by
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Teego

Post by Teego »

No criticism was intended Paul.
Members get older, as do their Exups.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

None taken Sir!

The forum is what it is. I'll keep it running for as long as I'm able and it'll be here when folks need it :D
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Teego wrote: Stig and Nuggit need something to do on Saturdays. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Cheeky sod. I pop on here when I can, but this house renovation I'm doing is taking up a lot of my time. I'm hoping to get it all done by the time Spring comes. The biggest bug bare is waiting for tradesmen to turn up when they say they are coming but never turn up. Pain in the arse they are.
Stig wrote:another reason why the Exup's been parked up yet again (no Nuggitt I'm not thinking of selling it :paranoid: )

It seems there's only you and me on here stig. :lol: :lol: I'm sure it will start to pick up once all the bike covers come off the hibernating bikes.

I've got a few rides out lined up for this season, one of them is the Cat & fiddle. Now I'm a bit nearer it should be a bit easier to get to. I'll have to watch out for that nutter in the Merc AMG. :D Don't worry Chris I'll let you pass without you having to get sweaty palms. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by nuggitt on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego

Post by Teego »

nuggitt wrote: I've got a few rides out lined up for this season, one of them is the Cat & fiddle. Now I'm a bit nearer it should be a bit easier to get too. I'll have to watch out for that nutter in the Merc AMG. :D Don't worry Chris I'll let you pass without you having to get sweaty palms. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Planning for Niederlandisch-Deutsch Schnellestrasseblast in August is coming together. 2000+ miles of heaven.
Including some of this: https://youtu.be/_U3cx5umB8g?t=5

Ferry booked today for Holland.
Keep on keepin' on.
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by BONLY1 »

Teego wrote:
nuggitt wrote: I've got a few rides out lined up for this season, one of them is the Cat & fiddle. Now I'm a bit nearer it should be a bit easier to get too. I'll have to watch out for that nutter in the Merc AMG. :D Don't worry Chris I'll let you pass without you having to get sweaty palms. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Planning for Niederlandisch-Deutsch Schnellestrasseblast in August is coming together. 2000+ miles of heaven.
Including some of this: https://youtu.be/_U3cx5umB8g?t=5

Ferry booked today for Holland.
OMG...... that's a video of cages on exup1000.co.uk !!!
There'll be sidecars and china cabinets next unless you get a grip Stig. :D
And why's a blonde blind girl (the one holding the white walking stick with red rings) standing on the start line in that video - bloody dangerous if you ask me - there'll be Volvo drivers on here soon I bet :nod:
Wish I could have me a GYTR but me knees, belly and purse don't allow, so just off for a drive in my CRV.
Happy to help the site with subscriptions to keep it going - if you need help Stig, just let us know how.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
Teego

Post by Teego »

BONLY1 wrote: OMG...... that's a video of cages on exup1000.co.uk !!!
Yes but that Merc is awesome. I've never been a bike or car bloke. Like both provided they're not boring.

Old sayings:

You could have bought a nice little car for what your bike cost.
I don't want a nice little car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have bought a nice little house for what your car cost.
I don't need a nice little house. I've got a nice big house!!!!!!!!!!
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Thanks for the offer Bonly. Subs are sorted. I throw in a pot each week which covers the hosting
It's the upgrades I don't have time or cash for plus finding someone capable and trustworthy to do them
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Graham Crayon
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Graham Crayon »

I don't think anyone can expect the forum to be heaving with new posts for all the reasons stated. Niche market, life getting in the way, bikes all working nicely etc. Feel like a bit of a gate crasher myself despite owning a RU model exup. It's my least favourite (most neglected) bike at the moment but that will no doubt change when (if) I get round to doing something with it.
I do own a 1987 FZR 1000 Genesis which I've nearly finished building, a 1988 FZ 750 which also has a Genesis 1000 engine fitted & my most modern bike, a 2001 Fazer 1000.
These forums serve a very important purpose now as long as folks can be bothered or know how to search for stuff. I have one dedicated solely to the FZ750 if you want inactivity then look no further..
www.fz750.co.uk
I linked the forum to a facebook page a few years ago which pretty much sealed the fate of the original forum but don't regret doing it.
All I'll say is it's nice knowing there are still people prepared to answer our questions & offer advice when it's needed.
Life's short & it's hard like a body building elf