thunderace into exup

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

thunderace into exup

Post by northmanuk »

i admit it im dull i have been searching for info on fittingThunderace engine into exup ru frame i dont know if i need thunderace electric harness and cdi or just plug thunderace engine into exup harness i also heard the top mount is different. any help would be gratefully received
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Re: thunderace into exup

Post by Teego »

northmanuk wrote:i admit it im dull i have been searching for info on fittingThunderace engine into exup ru frame i dont know if i need thunderace electric harness and cdi or just plug thunderace engine into exup harness i also heard the top mount is different. any help would be gratefully received
Have you tried a search on the forum. I think it's been covered several times but I'm not sure any of us can remember a shortcut to the info.
IIRC it's not too difficult but upper mounting points are an issue.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

From memory one of them has an extra top mount but can't remember which way around. I believe the most part of the electrics will be dependant on whether you're running Exup or ace clocks, cdi and carbs
AKA Bald headed b'stard
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

thunderace into exup

Post by northmanuk »

IM SORRY TO KEEP VISITING THIS IM DYSLEXIC AND READING IS HARD I HAVE SEARCHED FOR TWO DAYS ON THIS SUBJECT AND ITS REALY HARD ANY HELP PLEASE
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by BONLY1 »

I believe it has been done, but like you, can't find (recent) info through search facility on this site. Am sure there's something there, just needs finding.
But from memory, though never done myself, the Ace engine has two top frame mounting bolts whereas the 89-95 exups have a single bolt. The rest of the mounts are the same I think.
I think plates can be made to adapt the Ace engine for the top bolts or welding/fabricating similar, but dunno how easy it is.
I'm sure many have been done, if I find it....
I'll be back.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by northmanuk »

im asking in faint hope the thunderace has a water jacket around oil filter housing and large rad does anyone have the info on how to tie in waterpipes from oil filter housing when fitting it into exup frame im fitting another fan to aid cooling. is there a way to use evup oil cooler with ace 1000 engine
hey mister does peeing on the lemon tree make them grow better.No but it sure upsets yer ma
bikes 1993exup, 1988 zx10b1, 1989 zx10b3, 1981Gsx1100,ex,
2000gsxr1300
nothing newer than 2000
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

From what I remember the Exup-Ru water cooled oil filter adapter is the same as on the Ace.

But none of the Exup-R or Ru engines use a TPS like the Ace does. No reason why Exup carbs couldn't be used on the Ace engine though.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

thunderace into exup

Post by northmanuk »

your right i have wrong rad i now need to find one or tap into the top hose
life was much easier building tritons or such like no watercooling :)
hey mister does peeing on the lemon tree make them grow better.No but it sure upsets yer ma
2000gsxr1300
nothing newer than 2000
Teego

Re: thunderace into exup

Post by Teego »

northmanuk wrote:your right i have wrong rad i now need to find one or tap into the top hose
life was much easier building tritons or such like no watercooling :)
TRITONS!! You must be older than Nuggit. Good bikes though (if properly sorted).
Keep on keepin' on.
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

thunderace into exup

Post by northmanuk »

+oops i let that out didnt i
2000gsxr1300
nothing newer than 2000
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

emailed you the adapter plate. Hope its useful
AKA Bald headed b'stard
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

drawing

Post by northmanuk »

do you have any refrence size i dont have a printer at moment but when i do is the drawing emailed life size stig thanks for that top man merry christmas
2000gsxr1300
nothing newer than 2000
northmanuk
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

tritons

Post by northmanuk »

ah Teego now there's an idea exup in featherbed frame :cool: oops wrong forum wrong place
2000gsxr1300
nothing newer than 2000
Teego

Re: tritons

Post by Teego »

northmanuk wrote:ah Teego now there's an idea exup in featherbed frame :cool: oops wrong forum wrong place
Don't tell me there are Triton forums. Triton builders from 1963 have only just discovered they can have their own phone in the house rather than going to the box on the corner. Forum was a corner table in the pub.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Re: tritons

Post by nuggitt »

Teego wrote:
northmanuk wrote:ah Teego now there's an idea exup in featherbed frame :cool: oops wrong forum wrong place
Don't tell me there are Triton forums. Triton builders from 1963 have only just discovered they can have their own phone in the house rather than going to the box on the corner. Forum was a corner table in the pub.
:lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.