a ride out

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

a ride out

Post by nuggitt »

With today being the last good day weather wise. I decided to go down memory lane and set off for Padgetts of Batley. I've not been there since the early 80s so it was nice to see it once again. I had a lovely chat with Cath Padgett about various things including leathers, helmets, sat navs and life in general. :lol: :lol:

They've got some lovely old bikes up on the first floor.

Last edited by nuggitt on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'll have you know I bought my leathers in 1994 so that makes them twenty four years old, and as for rank, I do use Febreze Fabric Refresher Spray in Moonlit Lavender. It's like I said to Cath, when you've got an old cardigan or a pair of old comfy slippers you don't really want to give them up.

You're right Teego, I seem to be a one man act at the moment. Stig's gone for an early bath. I was out with roadrunner (Mike) the other day and he was once again talking about rebuilding his Exup over the winter so we'll have to see if that happens. I keep in touch with rdgravy (Dave) but the poor sod has health issues so he doesn't get to ride much and so it goes on with the other Exup owners I know of. It's been very quiet on here for ages as if a mass exodus has happened.

At least you and me are getting out for a few rides out. As for your car running expenses, you know what they say... If you've got the flash you've got the cash. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

nuggitt wrote:I'll have you know I bought my leathers in 1994 so that makes them twenty four years old, and as for rank, I do use Febreze Fabric Refresher Spray in Moonlit Lavender. It's like I said to Cath, when you've got an old cardigan or a pair of old comfy slippers you don't really want to give them up.

You're right Teego, I seem to be a one man act at the moment. Stig's gone for an early bath. I was out with roadrunner (Mike) the other day and he was once again talking about rebuilding his Exup over the winter so we'll have to see if that happens. I keep in touch with rdgravy (Dave) but the poor sod has health issues so he doesn't get to ride much and so it goes on with the other Exup owners I know of. It's been very quiet on here for ages as if a mass exodus has happened.

At least you and me are getting out for a few rides out. As for your car running expenses, you know what they say... If you've got the flash you've got the cash. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know anything about old cardigans and slippers. Next you'll be telling us you watch Emmerdale with an old dampfarting bassett hound on your lap.
You are right though, road time is the thing. As they used to say: distance is the drug.
Fortunately I have enough AMG coupons in my back pocket to enjoy myself after taking care of everyone else.
What worries me is the future of this site. Over the years so much knowledge and skills have been built up. It's an invaluable resource. I ask myself how all the posts and info could be preserved if the site ever folds. I don't know the answer.
Keep on keepin' on.