Sphincter in 7.10 Yamaha

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Sphincter in 7.10 Yamaha

Post by Teego »

Keep on keepin' on.
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

As far as I remember the bike was a 2005 R1 that the owner had spent a lot of time making lighter by drilling holes in various parts of the bike.
The scary thing is there are bikes doing faster times than that now.
Teego

Post by Teego »

itsnotagenesis wrote:As far as I remember the bike was a 2005 R1 that the owner had spent a lot of time making lighter by drilling holes in various parts of the bike.
The scary thing is there are bikes doing faster times than that now.
Right or wrong, I've always thought it's more about the rider than the bike. Until you get to Moto GP, WSB or TT levels the bike is always better than you. Like this guy at the 'ring whose brain is just processing so much data so fast.
Mike Hailwood came out of retirement to win the TT on an old nail Ducati.
Keep on keepin' on.
Graham Crayon
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Graham Crayon »

if it's the same bloke who I met at sliders guest house in Germany who drilled holes in everything on his R1 about 8-9 years ago then he is/was ever so slightly obsessed with weight saving. Andy rings a bell. Guest house owner (Brendan) used to have the fastest unofficial lap there on a bike until he came along. He stayed & worked at Sliders which is roughly 20 minutes from the ring. Handy when you're obsessed with the place.
Brendan was killed there unfortunately, not even racing but on a lighter note I did 4 laps on my TRX850 in 2009 then went back for my 40th birthday the next year & did 4 laps on my Fireblade.. . & fell off on the 4th lap. :crybaby:
Life's short & it's hard like a body building elf
Teego

Post by Teego »

I was scratching around Germany on my Genesis in about 1990. One sunny Sunday morning I found myself caught up in a tidal wave of loud bikes and trick cars heading for the Sphincter which was 10 miles away. I was not 'Ring savvy at the time so didn't really know what was going on. So I just went with the (manic) flow.
We arrived at the Nordscleiffe and I thought I'd check out the scene before committing to the track. Holy shit, it was mayhem. Every sort of bike and car hooning, some Sunday heros in trick Porsches and kids in loud but slow Golfs.
And then I noticed the ambulances placed strategically around the track.
Discretion and valour mode, I sat it out and observed the madness.
Keep on keepin' on.
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

didnt they run an interview / article with this chap and his bike in superbike mag a few years back, made me smile as I remember the chap he was living with had a devil of a time persuading him to put back the metal bolts for the front brake mount removing the plastic ones he had installed - that was a weight saving he shouldn't make