The lights are on and we're still open

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

I have been popping in but it has been a shitty year so far, I have got the exup pretty well sorted, it is running lovely and the new tyres are a revelation, however due to the break up of my 29 year marriage I have now lost my home and have had to move back in with my parents whilst I lick my wounds and try and make sense of things.
I just hope that next year is better.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

jas328sport wrote:I have been popping in but it has been a shitty year so far, I have got the exup pretty well sorted, it is running lovely and the new tyres are a revelation, however due to the break up of my 29 year marriage I have now lost my home and have had to move back in with my parents whilst I lick my wounds and try and make sense of things.
I just hope that next year is better.
That's a total shitter man. Can't imagine having to go back to square one on life's snakes and ladders. You will find a way forward, just keep on keeping on. Drop in here for a laugh at Nuggit's jokes. Oh maybe not.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Sorry to hear your sad news Jas. Take it from a has been, you're not the first and you won't be the last. Hang on in there kid, you will get through it. I know you'll be feeling shit at the minute but you will soon dust yourself down and get you're life back on track. Enjoy the time with your caring parents and I'm sure with their help you'll soon be on your way again. Look on the bright side at least you've got a roof over your head and a bike that's running lovely, and don't forget
if things get really bad you can always turn to my joke page, like Teego mentioned. They needed me in the trenches to keep moral up I'll have you know. Chin up and stiff upper lip lad and all that. :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Was that the trenches in WW1?? :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

No it was the battle of Majuba Hill. (Boar war) 1899 to 1902. :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

nuggitt wrote:No it was the battle of Majuba Hill. (Boar war) 1899 to 1902. :p
Sorry for getting that mixed up. Must be my age :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nismo

Post by nismo »

I'm still loitering around, though not anywhere near as much these days, this horrible "work" thing is getting in the way of life.

Thunderace has gone, that was sad seeing her go, but have a very pretty 848 Ducati now :D Which has not long been treated to a set of termi's, so sounds amazing. Still up for ride outs though, will bring a bit of class to the rabble!
Defected for that V Twin goodness
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

:blackbook: Ya barred. :lol: :lol: Rabble indeed. :p
nismo

Post by nismo »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking good to go worrying the sheep again this weekend, weather permitting
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Hopefully I'm out tomorrow. Seaways cafe, Scarborough, Whitby and if I've time Sherburn milk/coffee bar on the way back home. :nod:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Most of us are still out there but many are wiser so need less assistance or in my case bike is stored so no running issues. Plus other projects have taken over at present so the bike is on back burner till further notice
AKA Bald headed b'stard
mobil1
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by mobil1 »

Im on fartbook mainly to keep in touch with distant mates, originally.
Must admit to being on the fzr1000 group tho. Along with Mr Stig I discovered ;-) . The worse group I'm with is the MT09 UK lot. Same bloody questions being asked 2-3 times a day and they love stickers
Play Safe! Play Hard!!
nismo

Post by nismo »

Best use for facebook is perving at holiday photos of various females you know - there's pretty much always a bikini photo or two....... apparently :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I'm still bouncing in & out of this forum...but becoz photobucket doesn't work using the links that I copy & paste, it's taken some of the fun out of posting. It works on other forums, but not on this one. I've spoken with Stig about it but we've not been able to get anything sorted.

As for the Exup, i've been using it a lot this year. It's taxed all year so that when it's nice & the missus wants to join me for a rideout, it's good to have it ready & waiting. We rode down to Hastings on Mayday Monday as it was the 40th Anniversary of the first Run in 1979 & there was an estimated 48,600 bikes going through the town during the day

https://www.bike1066.com/origins

There were 15 of the originals that were there back in '79 & we stayed in one group all of the way to the coast, following the route of the old A21 that we rode all those years ago. Some villages have now been bypassed so it was good to wake up the older generation who could probably remember those early days.

My missus has a new job that she started in January & she can now only get 2 weeks off in one go, so our rides abroad that we've done in the past 2 years on the FJ1200 have been postponed until next year. But an invitation to visit a friend who's living & working in Belgium prompted us to pack a pair of soft panniers onto the Exup & to ride the 300 odd miles across the Continent. The bike ran flawlessly & only consumed an eggcupful of oil, so was pretty good for a bike with 56k on the clock. Of course it rained, but nothing like the torrential downpour that the bike's experienced in the past on the way back from Assen.

Plans for the Exup? Just keep on riding it with the Exup valve wired open, as the outer bearing seized & i've got far too many other things to get on with just atm.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
kev.h
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by kev.h »

I come back on here every now and again I've no longer got the exup but it's nice to have a look around.. :D