Interesting afternoon - not bike

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Interesting afternoon - not bike

Post by Teego »

As autumn closes in I take every chance to get the CLS55 out before hibernation. So this afternoon I took a quick 90 mile tour through the Derbyshire hills. The rear P-Zeros have to be replaced next week so there was no point being sensible.
I was just turning onto one of my favourite, more challenging, roads (guess which one) when what did I see in my mirrors?
A new(ish) Nissan GTR. Very shiny and very loud. I don't think he clocked my AMG badge on the boot. Maybe he did and thought "so what?"
Climbing out of the village in the 40 zone we close on a Hyundai Effluent, or similar. I know there is no other passing opportunity for at least a mile but have a 200 yard chance before the left hander. What would you do?
Hold 2nd TC lights and I'm gone.
Now I have the road to myself and can settle into enjoying the rhythm. Nothing ahead and nothing in my mirrors.
But I come up on a 320d pootling along at the 60mph limit. Can't find space to pass through the bends. Then I check and see the GTR rapidly closing. This is going to be really interesting if we both find space to get past the BMW.
I do, he does, and we are gone. He stays with me, which is no surprise because he's got a zillion bhp Playstation.
Through a 50mph left hander which we take at 80. Am I holding him back? Dunno, but it's my space.
Another righthander at 85 onto a 1 mile straight. I know that there is often a camera van at the end so ease it back. GTR goes anyway and I let him.
No camera, so I pick it up again. He doesn't want to take any prisoners, so it's 120 and I'm still on his tail. He can't break away. This is getting childish.
Traffic ahead as we approach a T junction. Calm down everybody.
Interesting to see the CLS can still acquit itself well.
Life's still good without the bike.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nice reading. It's still good to be able to have a play on 4 wheels although the Zed doesn't have the excessive bhp it still goes well in the right hands 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Sounds well impressive Chris. Nothing better than booting it on roads that you know. :nod:

The only excitement I'm getting at the moment is scraping 50 year old anaglypta wallpaper covered in 4 thick layers of paint off the walls in our latest house move. A revolting video to follow when I get my WiFi set up. (Tues)

I need a day off to get out on the bike for a run out. Need to fill the tank and get some stabilising fluid in, because with all the work ahead of me in the house the bike will be hibernating earlier than usual.

Keep up the good work Chris. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

a nasty video.

Post by nuggitt »

Wallpaper my arse.

Sick bags are available in the foyer. :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/y5A7E-BblCQ
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
two-stroke-brit
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by two-stroke-brit »

brilliant :puke:
IT MAY BE ROUGH LOOKING BUT ITS A FUN RIDE
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:blackbook:
AKA Bald headed b'stard