New to the Fzr

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Hi & welcome to the madhouse

Basically there's a rubber joining gasket between the carb and inlet stub. On some early models the rubber had a web that blanked approx half of the aperture inside those tubbers. It was done to curb power outputs in the late 80's as part of a gentlemans agreement between manufacturers
.... to keep the do-Gooders and god squad happy

To release full power in the UK market the webs were simply trimmed out with a sharp knife. Other countries such as France also restricted the cdi
Later models didn't have the webs and the rubbers are totally interchangeable across all models and years
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Tronfzr
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Fzr

Post by Tronfzr »

Cheers fella thanks for the reply so if I cut them does it require any tuning after that ?
Cheers mate
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nope. Just twist and go with the extra 20+bhp :cool:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
pilninggas
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by pilninggas »

they've most likely all ready been cut out, but worth a look anyway.
Tronfzr
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Tronfzr »

Maybe it has it was dyno run and made 120bhp at the wheel so I take a look and see :D
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Tronfzr wrote:Maybe it has it was dyno run and made 120bhp at the wheel so I take a look and see :D
That's not a bad number. I think the ex-factory numbers were 140 at the crank and 125 at the wheel. You could easily lose 5-10bhp through chain tension/lube and rear wheel alignment.
Keep on keepin' on.