Carbs wanted.

Post your items for sale and items wanted here.
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Carbs wanted.

Post by jas328sport »

Anybody got a spare set of carbs suitable for an 89 exup. Worn toobs don't matter as I have new but the rest of the carbs must be in good condition and with all decent threads on bowls and tops.
Anybody got anything before I take a sodding lump hammer to this bike :D
redapple
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by redapple »

saw this one on ebay for 45

CARBS

might just use the body on your old one

The carbs are Mikuni BDST38. have a google, as quite a few bikes used them, you might be able to pick up a decent sent one for cheap

you should also strip the carbs into single carbs and sell them, you will be able to retrieve some cash for your new ones. People always looking for single carbs
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

Cheers bud, I did notice the ebay ones that you linked but I think they must be off a genisis or something as they are different, they have 4 screws holding on the top and a totally different looking set up inside the bowl if you zoom in on the picture.
I have got my eye on a set but just wanted to see if anyone on here had anything cheaper before I click to buy.
Thanks for the tip about splitting the carbs as I wasn't sure it was that easy but after reading what you put I had a quick look and it is easy to do.