Whats my bike worth?

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
patricma1
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by patricma1 »

Thanks for the reply. I did try and post a picture but it failed, yes its a Thunderace, i love it, don't really want to part with it. i cant ride it due to health problems, I'm not going to let it go for nothing!! i would sooner have it in the garage waiting for the day when it may be worth something!!
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

Yes I like them too and they are sooo much bike for their money.
The only reason I watch them is because I want to take one to Spain.
If it were to die there, then I would just leave it and walk away if needs be.
I planned on doing this with my Exup, but it is too lovely to leave.
Having toured Spain on my Ducati, thats what the Exup was for ha ha.
Its possible that I will end up with a garage full of superbikes waiting for the ferry to Santander lol.
Well if I were you, looking to the future. Put it back to OEM because thats what most buyers of old bikes want. Sell the aftermarket parts on ebay if you can and make a little bit of cash. Without being rude, the tailtidy, led tail lights are highly undesireable, they are an mot liability. Rentals and even the stubby can are a big no no for me and having had an expensive alarm on a Jaguar that drains the battery, goes off at 3am in the morning, really upsetting the neighbours and once triggered would not shut up or shut off, I would not want it ever again. An Almax chain/lock is very safe and extra off the insurance premium.
The Thunderace however may never be a collectable, but its still a great bike, looks beautiful and wont break the bank, even if kept in mothballs. OGRI.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

In my experience, the best thing you can do is put it back to standard yourself. Sensible buyers like standard stuff and will probably pay a tad more. Then you can sell your bling on the bay and pull in a few quid more.
Bikes or cars, I've always bought in stock condition, added aftermarket parts to my taste and returned them to stock to sell.
GLWS
Keep on keepin' on.
patricma1
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by patricma1 »

i think i will end up with a garage full of bikes as well, wife has an RD125lc not been used for 10 years my ace, and i have just bought a Ducati X Diavel S.
That's not a bad idea putting it back to standard, i may just do that.
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

Thats it, you hit the nail on the head. SELL THE WIFES BIKE :eek: Even better sell it and dont tell her. Just wait till she goes into the garage and finds out on her own ha ha lol. Oohhh we`re going to have sooo much fun Pat.
The Diavel X is about my favourite bike, though I also like the Diavel Carbon probably just as much. Big bucks though, you have my deepest and sincerest envy. Put some pics up if you sort your pc out. OGRI.
patricma1
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by patricma1 »

Yes its crazy my wife's RD125LC is worth mor than the Ace!, Don't get the X Diavel S until next Saturday will try and post a pic.