ignition coils

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

ignition coils

Post by dangerousdave »

Is anyone running different ignition coils, if so which ones? One of mine has gone faulty and didn't want to buy another faulty one off eBay, for my fzr ru 👍👍👍
The Dangerous One
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I've banged some stick coils in mine from a cbr600. Gets rid of all the coils and ships anchors etc. Runs better too.

Nice to see you back Dave. Have you considered coming out of retirement for one last job? I need a little bracket making out of aluminum or stainless. :D :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

So cbr ones will just plug in kind of and they will work?
😁😁 email me pictures of bracket and I'll see what I can do, bigdangerousdave@yahoo.co.uk
Or on here what ever works best, how are you John you well?
The Dangerous One
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'm doing ok Dave. As for the stick coil conversion, there's a bit of work involved by soldering wires from the old standard coils to the wires on the stick coils. I've got a diagram of how to do it. If you want I'll send you the model of cbr600 to go for and the wiring diagram.

As for the bracket. I'll explain in a PM of what I'm up to. Give me a few days to get myself sorted. :thumbsup: [/i]
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

Cheers John, all sorted now chaps, ended up being a split hose from the inlet manifold causing me a lot of problems, the joys of turbos😂
The Dangerous One