A nice surprise.

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
nuggitt

A nice surprise.

Post by nuggitt »

After coming home from Scarborough yesterday. This was waiting for me.

It's a lovely piece of craftmanship.

If anybody would like one of these for their bike. Then get hold of Jay762. :D
Last edited by nuggitt on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nice work :thumbsup:

Is it Jay who was sorting the infills?
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

It was Stig.

Unfortunately for some reason they can't make them. It's been that long since we asked that I can't remember why.

The last time I heard from Jay he was investigating in making them with a 3D printer, but not heard anymore about it as yet.

It's a shame the company who made the chain guard can't do them because they would look brilliant. :crybaby:

I always thought these eastern orientals were good at copying things. :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Yup it was piecing together the in-fills to make a good enough version to make a mould with.

I have an intact left hand side but need a right, have spoken with a company about building a 3D model I can then use to get a mould made. Challenge is they would also like to make the infills and their prices are not quite as good as the other chaps.

So unfortunately still a work in progress

unless someone has an intact right had side I can buy / borrow to get the scan completed?
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Jay762 wrote:Yup it was piecing together the in-fills to make a good enough version to make a mould with.

I have an intact left hand side but need a right, have spoken with a company about building a 3D model I can then use to get a mould made. Challenge is they would also like to make the infills and their prices are not quite as good as the other chaps.

So unfortunately still a work in progress

unless someone has an intact right had side I can buy / borrow to get the scan completed?
Can't they just do a mirror image of the one you've got?
Keep on keepin' on.
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Its a possibility - would have to remove the hole for the reserve switch - it also assumes yamaha in the eighties had that degree of symmetry