Show me your streetfighter front ends

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

seem to remember something about trx850 top yoke being straight swap on an R model and having holes already in for a bar conversion - but that was a thread on the other site which has since gone offline
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by krazyneil »

trx850 yoke is straight swop for genesis models, there are two types one with holes and one with built in risers the one with holes is definite fit later one should too
if yours is an exup then no need to change the yoke as it has two convenient holes where the clip ons bolt to
whatever you do you'll have to make a bracket for the clocks and headlights are a matter of taste ,loads of options out there
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by krazyneil »

there is a centre yoke nut and a bolt which tightens up on the fork undo all of these and knock it up gently and it will just come off
in the exup yoke the two bolts which hold the clip-ons on can then be used to mount your chosen single bolt risers ,I found on mine I had to run a drill through as it was a little tight because in the hole is a rubber grommet and it was stopping me getting the riser bolt though ,only the grommet not the yoke
its all fairly basic work but think about what type of headlight/mounts your going to use so as some would require you to take off the yoke to fit them, so worth doing the job once only ,I speak from experience :lol:
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

Excellent thank you. Do I need to have the front end supported when removing the top yoke or can the bottom yoke support the weight.
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by krazyneil »

jas328sport wrote:Excellent thank you. Do I need to have the front end supported when removing the top yoke or can the bottom yoke support the weight.
youll be fine taking off the top toke
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

krazyneil wrote:
jas328sport wrote:Excellent thank you. Do I need to have the front end supported when removing the top yoke or can the bottom yoke support the weight.
youll be fine taking off the top toke
Thanks, so at least fitting the risers and bars should be a piece of cake
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

Well here she is all ready for the mot on Friday.
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

I wish I had fitted bar risers years ago as it is absolutely lovely to ride now, I have used it more this weekend than I probably have in the last 10 years and no pain. It even feels like it handles better which is probably due to the fact that I feel in control and have no pins and needles in my hands and no wrist pain. The upright riding position is probably going to stop me from getting in too much trouble as well as it is so hard to hold on at silly speeds that legal speeds are easier.