Streetfighter wiring help

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Streetfighter wiring help

Post by jas328sport »

Ok so new risers and bars fitted and the job was much easier than I expected appt from my brake hoses are not long enough so need to get some made up.
Now I have to decide what to do with the front end, I had intended to get a bracket made up to hold the original clocks and headlight in place but after the hassle of removing the top fairing I am considering doing away with all of it. I have seen many people that have fitted a digital display but I have no idea how to wire them in, is it easy enough to do and to get the speedo and rev counter working.
I am also looking at the dominator twin light set ups that are on eBay that I could clamp straight to the fork legs but again have no idea how to wire them up. Could all of the wiring be done straight from the block connectors that I had to pull apart to remove the top fairing.
Totally open to the easiest and cheapest suggestions that can be recommended to tidy up the front.
Has anyone also got a link to a cheap pair of braided hoses that would be long enough or would I be better off just going to my local shop and getting a pair made up. Sorry for all the questions but I sort of ploughed into it today and got the bars sorted and then realised I have no idea what to do next.
redapple
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by redapple »

I have a street fighter setup which I am still working on.
The wiring for a digital setup is not too difficult, I think I have a wiring diagram somewhere. It depends on what you choose.
I have a simple chinese one which does the job. But you will have to run an extra wire if you want to display left and right indicator and you will also need to change the flasher unit if you want to use LED lights. You will also need to switch to a magnetic speedo
you will also need to make a bracket up to mount it.
Also and this is from experience, you want to waterproof all your connections, even existing ones, radiator,, starter motor and starter relay, even the connections under the tank and you might want to switch to stick coils but only if like riding in the rain alot.
As for the brake lines, I got mine from ebay and they have worked fine . I think I have two in the shed I don't need when I switched for a different colour, you can have them for free if you are willing to pay the postage. They might be a little long as I use double risers on my bike
redapple
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by redapple »

Clutch hose length is around 108-110cm
What year is your bike.model is your bike as the wiring is different for each bike.
Stick with the orginal tachometer/clocks for the moment. Its not difficult to setup the digital or expensive. Its just about the bracket and also what lights you want to use. What digital clocks where you thinking of getting?
redapple
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by redapple »

Here is wiring for your bike

Your plan for the bracket sounds good
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

Excellent thank you