Cut down top fairing for bar clearance

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Cut down top fairing for bar clearance

Post by jas328sport »

Has anyone done this and got any pics as I am considering going down this route in order to give me the clearance after fitting bar risers, I did have my heart set on a streetfighter front end but thoughts of wiring and the cost of new lights and a different clock set up have made me consider taking the quicker route of butchering the top fairing.. I do already have a crack in the fairing from where I dropped it a couple of years ago which could be cut out if I did it but unsure of how to do it without making a hash of it.
Graham Crayon
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Graham Crayon »

Personally I would do my best to repair the crack. Top fairings seem to be a bit scarce so be a shame to butcher one for the sake of a crack.
I just bought a RU as a donor for the engine which was originally advertised with all panels. Top fairing was trimmed to clear straight bars. It just looks a bit rough to me.
Life's short & it's hard like a body building elf
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

I know what you mean and tbh I would much rather change the headlights and clocks and keep the bodywork safe somewhere.
If I were to buy a used headlight and clock loom does anyone know anywhere that I could send it to get a digital clock set up made up.