Another end of an era. Selling up!

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
kev.h
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Another end of an era. Selling up!

Post by kev.h »

Hard decision but I decided to put the fzr on eBay I've not used it for a while as I do more trail riding now so if this sells I will get more of an adventure style bike. CLICK HERE :(
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Re: Another end of an era. Selling up!

Post by Teego »

kev.h wrote:Hard decision but I decided to put the fzr on eBay I've not used it for a while as I do more trail riding now so if this sells I will get more of an adventure style bike . Not sure how to put a link up but if anyone is interested the eBay number is 332543718980 :(
Nothing is forever - unless you have a Morris Minor - and we all have to move on. Nostalgia is like having your back brake siezed. Not going anywhere.
GLWS
Keep on keepin' on.
nismo

Post by nismo »

Be a shame to see the old girl go, but, new bike shopping! What have you got your eye on?
Defected for that V Twin goodness
kev.h
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by kev.h »

Don't no yet I Wouldn't mind a tiger 800 but ile wait and see if it sells and see what money I got at the time.
kev.h
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by kev.h »

Well the fzr has now gone and I have a triumph tiger 800xc with just 3600 miles on the clock , but I'm sure I will still pop back in here now and again if I'm allowed..
Teego

Post by Teego »

kev.h wrote:Well the fzr has now gone and I have a triumph tiger 800xc with just 3600 miles on the clock , but I'm sure I will still pop back in here now and again if I'm allowed..
You had better come back. Many of us are Ex-Exups and the site would die without us. I've been around since 2006, sold my Foxeye and bought a Gixxer in 2010 and just sold the Gixxer to buy a CLS55 AMG.
Still think we have something to offer with our accumulated experiences of technical issues, fault finding, toobs etc etc. We may help some folks get straight to the point without having to reinvent the wheel.
Admin, is there any way of backing up this site so it's recoverable after a total failure? A lot of valuable content was lost when our sister site went down.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

No worries on the back up. I do it most weeks as a matter of routine.... sometimes a little less frequent if it's been particularly quiet

Anyway, I've not got plans to go anywhere and am commited for the long haul to keep the place running

I'm just sorry I don't have the time to do more updates or knowledge on how to upgrade the php forum software, life gets in the way and there's always something else to do. Rest assured tho I'll continue to fund the hosting and retain the domains as I put a few quid in a pot each week to make sure funds are always there when needed 👍... plus dog bone and refurb'd header profits also contribute
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Teego

Post by Teego »

Stig wrote:.. plus dog bone and refurb'd header profits also contribute
Buy more bones, headers, needles and toobs NOW.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Lol :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard