Carb diaphragm repair

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Graham Crayon
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Carb diaphragm repair

Post by Graham Crayon »

Alright peeps? I noticed with my air box off that the carb slides don't all lift at the same time when I rev my engine. I've got it starting up & running nice & smooth now but it doesn't like a big handful of throttle, it bogs down, even with the air filter fitted. I haven't inspected them yet but I'm betting there are holes in at least 2 of the diaphragms.
I've seen a post on another forum where the owner had smeared some instant gasket over a hole on his diaphragm but it's very recent & I don't know if it will stand the test of time. Anyone done this or anything similar & had good results?
Life's short & it's hard like a body building elf
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

This is the web page for the ones in America. There will be postage on top though.

BIKE BANDIT DIAPHRAGMS
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

It's not worth bodging.
You are better off just replacing them and then you know the repair will be right. :)
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down