Where can I find replacement radiator, fuel & breather h

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
ToddBikes
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Where can I find replacement radiator, fuel & breather h

Post by ToddBikes »

Hello. Bought a project 1989 FZR1000 and among many thing I am trying to figure out, have noticed that there does not seem to be anyone that sells OEM radiator, fuel or breather hoses for the bike. Mine are rotten and need replacing. I am in Texas, USA but have scoured the Internet looking for them.

Parts seem to be very hard to find. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance. Todd
ToddBikes
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by ToddBikes »

One other item - I noticed there are many hoses for the "3LE" model - but what does that mean and how do I tell if that's the one I have? Thanks.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Hello Todd and welcome to the madhouse.

There's a radiator here that will fit and the good news is it's over in America.

RADIATOR
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Hi Todd
Not sure if you have emissions controls on your bike but basically there are only two styles of layout... the 89-90 R model with the same frame as yours and twin round headlights and the later RU with upside down forks and extended cast frame section around the tank/seat area
As long as you buy parts for the 89-90 then the hoses and majority of parts will fit
Only issues I can think of might be jets, CDI and maybe emissions controls (dependant on region)
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

These do a good range of spares. Have a good look through the schematic's to see if what you want is there. They are based in Holland. (Europe)

CMSNL

Unfortunately I've just had a look and they are out of stock of the fuel pipe that comes from the tank to the fuel pump. You can put your name down for one though. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
ToddBikes
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by ToddBikes »

Thanks for all the responses. I mis-typed - have a great radiator, but more questioning where I can find new replacement hoses for radiator, fuel line and breather hose replacements. No one sells them anymore where I have checked. Mine doesn't have any emissions...

Also, many sites do sell for the "3LE" model. What does that mean?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

The 3LE is the European model. (I think it is anyway) :nod:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Can't remember what mine is as it's so long since I've seen it. I'll check the log book later 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

OOPS forgot to add Gates Corp. do a fuel hose, very good quality very nice soft black, again standard size.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

AKA Bald headed b'stard
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Don't mind if you want to ship to me and I can send them on 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard