Newbie [kind of]

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Cheese_butty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Newbie [kind of]

Post by Cheese_butty »

Hi there. Finally got my shit together and signed up. Was head-scratching due to demise of FZR1000.co.uk until I remembered an old browser with these fine pages bookmarked on.

Last ride was earlier this summer, when due to the effects of a back injury, I had to swap with my brother and ride his VFR800 instead. Must say, I enjoyed it. I could get my feet on the pegs for one thing and didn't nearly lunch it every time I stopped, due to weight reduction! However, I did miss the stomp, though.

That puts me in the market for lowering the pegs. I'll trawl through the forums for a solution, hopefully. I really don't want to have to get rid, but anno domini, anno domini.

Where's me pipe and slippers?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Hello cheese butty and welcome in. Sorry for the late response but its been like a ghost town on here as of late.

I'f you haven't already I'd send him a pm re: lowering the foot pegs.

Roll on summer because I'm pacing up and down like a bored tiger to the annoyance of my missus. :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

Hi Cheese_Butty....welcome in!

Tumbleweed and cobwebs at the moment but come spring , it'll perk up!
:nod:
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:welcome:

As said above things have been quiet lately. We'll have to up Nuggitt's medication at this rate
I drop in a few times a day but been busy with other projects this year. Thankfully I've made good progress and am looking forward to finding the bike in spring.... it's buried somewhere in the garage
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Cheese_butty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Cheese_butty »

Thanks for that warm welcome, chaps.

Eh up, Looks like many from up-North here! I also recognize names from FZR1000, which is great.

Evolution seems to be the default position for our chosen bike. Always something on the go, which is gradely.

My back is so bad, I dropped it in Southport about two years ago [at low speed], as I put my foot down and leg just collapsed so screen and indicators went west [again], hence the peg-lowering issue. I think it'll stop my lumbar spasms from rendering leg-muscles useless if the pegs are lower by some, as yet, unknown length.

Anyroadsup, Cheers.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Bloody hell!! Who's rattled the cage this morning? Went onto the forum as usual and there's four green posts ready to open. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Wotcha and welcome!
Cheese_butty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Cheese_butty »

Thanks Nuggit, I see the wisdom of pm'ing the chap, rather than replying to the original post. I'll give it a shot.
nismo
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by nismo »

Welcome mate!!! Good to have another northerner here instead of being surrounded by all the southern fairies!!!
Defected for that V Twin goodness
Cheese_butty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Cheese_butty »

Hi Nismo. Briefly: Had EXUP brand new in '89 which got nicked 11 days later. So I saved up and got an 851DS instead. I thought that it wouldn't be likely to be nicked because of relative rarity value. 18 months later, nicked. Got bevel drive '76 900SS after that. Sold that a long while ago and ended up with EXUP again in 2004. V-twins are kind of addictive. Have an '89 750 Sport for project as well...
vigevar
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by vigevar »

Southern fairies !!! Jeeze, how to win friends and influence people eh ? :rolleyes:
If it ain't broke, it's only a matter of time
Cheese_butty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Cheese_butty »

Meant with affection, of course. A new, kinder, politics! Any motorcyclist, by definition, is a solid individual! QED.
vigevar
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by vigevar »

Fair enough, anyway, must go, these flowers are not going to arrange themselves......... :lol:
If it ain't broke, it's only a matter of time
nismo

Post by nismo »

Oooooh, that is a nice collection that you no longer have :\

Ah, I get called far worse when I go down south!!
Defected for that V Twin goodness