Getting there.... CAR CONTENT not EXUP related

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Getting there.... CAR CONTENT not EXUP related

Post by Stig »

So I decided not to put my bike on the road this year to allow me time to concentrate and get other projects out the way... both in the home and on a mechanical front

I started out concentrating on the house and garden to keep swmbo happy. I've since completed the passenger side of the Twincam and now started the drivers side. Sill is almost done and progressing onto arch section next(the complicated bit). Plan is to have the bodywork done this year and reassemble it in spring
Another project is the RG. Well I've made my mind up and sold it!! I wasn't going to keep it when finished anyway but would liked to have seen it done. Either way it meant dedicating time that could be spent on other priorities. Needs must. New owners collect Saturday :paranoid:
Last edited by Stig on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Well done Stig and congratulations on selling the RG. That's one less job to worry about doing. Hopefully we'll see you on the road next year then :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Well, I got nothing better to do than ride, so been clocking up the miles this year. No home improvements, gardening, old cars/bikes to fix.
And off to the south of France on Monday with nothing but a tank bag.
Happy days.
Keep on keepin' on.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nice one Teego :thumbsup:

Hopefully I'll be there one day. Currently have my grand daughter each weekend so spare time is at a premium at this end
Have made huge progress on most fronts this year and the stuff that's outstanding can hopefully get my attention over the winter months.... never know, I may even get chance to carry out the much needed update on this place

At least the buyer collected the RG today, so that's one thing less
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Enduro_Rider
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Enduro_Rider »

Stig wrote:Nice one Teego :thumbsup:

Hopefully I'll be there one day. Currently have my grand daughter each weekend so spare time is at a premium at this end
Have made huge progress on most fronts this year and the stuff that's outstanding can hopefully get my attention over the winter months.... never know, I may even get chance to carry out the much needed update on this place

At least the buyer collected the RG today, so that's one thing less
I would have been interested in the RG!! gutted!!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Good progress being made

Hes a few pics of what I've been up to this season

The original repairs were carried out by a recommended local bodyshop where id been to see other stuff he'd done, and in truth it was very good....good enough for me to trust him to work on my precious.

The first images are of the repairs that the bodyshop did. I was not a happy bunny so I ripped them off again

I then bought a swager and turned some wheels for it it the lathe to create a profile that I needed

I then made and fitted the panels to match the existing.

Next I cut out the arch edge and sill ends. Again I turned some wheels to make the profile and made a template of the curve, finally fitting it to the existing prior to welding in situ

AKA Bald headed b'stard
nismo

Post by nismo »

Looking good!!!
Defected for that V Twin goodness
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'm well impressed with your engineering skills, not just a pretty face then? :D :puke: Plod on mate and hope to see you next season. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Cheers Folks for the encouraging words. I was going to do some more tonight but it's too soddin cold even with the heater on in there

Fitted the second pocket panel a few nights ago. Next is to make the final bit of outer arch before completing the inner side and welding it all in. That'll be the metal work completed. I can then refit the interior and paint the underside
AKA Bald headed b'stard