I was Nuggitted when I wasn`t looking

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Welcome Ogri. You're just down the road from me. I'm in Mansfield

Our site gets a discount with Goodridge if it's any help on the hoses. As for the Toobs I've not done a group buy as the supplier changed the amount I needed to buy in order to get the discount which made it unworkable for me
On the plus side you can still get Toobs from Allens performance at Bingham Notts. There's a link on the site main home page
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Hello Ogri and welcome in.

It's a pity we didn't bump into each other at the classic bike show. It would've been nice to have a natter etc.

If Stig gets his finger out with his jobs over the winter. We could get back to arranging a Lincoln meet up again next year. Hopefully we could see you there.

:thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

nuggitt wrote:Hello Ogri and welcome in.

It's a pity we didn't bump into each other at the classic bike show. It would've been nice to have a natter etc.

If Stig gets his finger out with his jobs over the winter. We could get back to arranging a Lincoln meet up again next year. Hopefully we could see you there.

:thumbsup:
Hello Nuggitt, Yes it was a good show too, some fine bikes and the Ford display was great, but with some serious car detailing, which definitely fell into the mental illness category. I didnt see another Exup there, did you go on yours.
Stig shouldnt feel too bad, cos the winter is coming and warm days like squires will be rare. Preparing for next year now, will probably try the Wirth springs and use Stigs 10w tip. It is such a powerful and heavy bike, did you see my mates blue R1 next to mine, now that is a killer dangerous machine dyno`d at 156bhp. But my Exup is so much better than I expected for such little money. The R1 is in my garage too, as he is in Spain wiv missus. If you go to Stigs one day. you could always stop off, I live above the shop and am usually here. OGRI.
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

Hello Nuggitt, Really I thought it was only a rumour that Stig was tight with the digestives :D I have never heard of him passing out the penguins either, have you ?
There was a Mustang GT350 at the show, with Carroll Shelby`s autograph on the dash. Gorgeous.
We got to the show. my mate glanced at his r1 and the steel carcass was showing through his rear tyre, we thought the blood bikes were coppers and wondered if we should try to hide his bike. Lol
What does your Exup need, its sounds like Stig`s needs quite a bit done. I like fixing and maintainence, but it is that first getting started is difficult.
Your ohlins springs were a bargain, are they progressive.
Seen in usa nickle coated tubes and titanium needles, have you any feedback on those, I dont think I would want to be a guinea pig with my Exup, just wondered if the extra cost was worth it. OGRI
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Wotcha and welcome I run the dyna pro toobs from US in my carbs with Dynajet needles, no issues - dont know what difference Ti needles would make as my machine is not the most refined at the moment so I probably couldnt tell
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

Hi Jay, I guess the Factory Pro nickle and Ti would help with wear, however since the other day their website has disappeared and they seemed to have a very good rep too.
I will probably fit oem, tubes they are not that expensive and are readily available. OGRI
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

Hi Robert, Ahhh Chesterfield, the land of bent spires and mad taxi drivers.
If you ever come over this way, I can usually do a ground coffee, just pm me and I`ll send you my number. Room in the garage for your Exup, which one do you have, I like seeing different models, especially the foxeyes.
What an experience to see the Shelby Museum, how lucky you are, did you go on your own. OGRI