Sherburn today

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Sherburn today

Post by nuggitt »

I know its short notice but we are braving the weather and having a ride over to Squires. Should land about 12noon. If you've got the time come over and buy Mike a cuppa cos I'm not. :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Sorry lads.

I've been trying to put a post up for the last two hours of our antics today but I'm having trouble with the photo posting host Tinypic.com. I'm getting the 404 ERROR code when I click on the photo so I'm stumped. I'm getting a bit tired of this computer technology crap, it just doesn't work. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I've managed to get a couple of photos to work on tinypics.com but it's still playing up.

Well it was a funny old day yesterday.

Mike turned up at my house and he was telling me that on the way here a Dear ran out in front of him. (a big one at that) He escaped without and harm done.

Anyway we set off for Squires on one of our favourite routes and as usual I was the red leader. We got to a particular section of the route where I turned Left and Mike not seeing me make that manoeuvre carried straight on. So I lost the poor lad. I did go back to the spot where I'd lost him and waited about ten minutes but no sign of him. I also made a call on the mobile but got the voice mail so I left a message. I decided to carry on to Squires hoping he may turn up there.

On the way I came across some signs saying that the Cawood Bridge was closed so I had to take a ten mile detour to get back on track. Arriving at Squires which was quite busy there was no sign of Mike so rang him again and once again got the voice mail. I left another message and by now I was getting a bit concerned having not had a reply. So you start to think the worst.

I spent 45 minutes at Squires and because of the Cawood Bridge being closed I planned a different route back to Seaways. I ended up going Tadcaster way and on the very boring A64. As soon as I did a couple of miles on the A64 I noticed ahead the traffic was at a standstill due to there being an accident 6 mile up the road. After a steady filtering for miles I came off at my junction and headed for Seaways thinking Mike could be there.

Arrived at Seaways and still no sign of Mike. Bugger!! I got sat down at a table with a cuppa and a toasted teacake when a young lady asked if I could come and join me. I couldn't bring myself to say no. Had a really good chin wag with Charlott. I told her about the dinner date I had at Whitby and I was wondering if I was turning into a babe magnet. :lol: :lol: In a way I was glad Mike didn't turn up because he would've cramped my style or even worse muscled in. :lol: :lol:

Not many photos I'm afraid...