Has anyone ever........

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
nismo
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Has anyone ever........

Post by nismo »

Hopefully the mighty thunderace will be back soon after getting some new float valves and hopefully curing the fuelling issue, so starting to think about shiny parts again (far more fun!) and found a triumph single sided swingarm, wheel etc going for a very reasonable price :unibrow: has anyone performed such a mod?
Defected for that V Twin goodness
nismo

Post by nismo »

595 swinger if that helps?
glenn
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

single sider.

Post by glenn »

ive had one fitted to my 89exup.got a 1991 Honda vfr750 swinger and a triumph 595 wheel and hub assy. went to nk racing in Leicester to fit it all for me. cant upload pics at the minute but check my old posts because I think I uploaded pics there before.hope this helps.
Kiwi34
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Kiwi34 »

i have just fitted a VFR swinging arm to my 90 exup, basically we opened the hole that the shock fits through so we can use the standard shock mount/ linkage etc. I then got the swinging arm boxed and strengthened.
will post some pics soon
Kiwi34
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Kiwi34 »

nismo

Post by nismo »

Very cool!! Was the width of the single sider ok? Have heard that they can need machining down to fit in the yam frame as they tend to be wider? May see how much I can get a standard thunderace swinger for as then most of the measuring and machining can be done without having the bike off the road