You have been warned.....

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

You have been warned.....

Post by Teego »

Derbyshire Plod's annual "Safe Ride" scheme is up and running again until late September.
So, as well as the usual camera vans, we shall see many high profile marked cars and bikes.
There will also be many unmarked cars (eg BMW 530, 330 estate, Volvo V60 Polestar) and bikes (Blade, BMWs and possibly Panigale).
Also expect the usual "safety checks" which actually target sportsbikes for cans and plates. Harleys and 12 year olds in Corsas are exempt! WTF.
I was pulled twice last year and it wasn't pleasant. So my bike will at least look and sound legal while I'm in the county.
Happy riding.
Keep on keepin' on.
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Will bear that in mind - MOT in couple of weeks so will keep the that way for a month or so
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

It pays to know a sympathetic mot tester. Shame there's no similar reasonable coppers out there
AKA Bald headed b'stard
cooler
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by cooler »

Hi,

This seems to happen in counties with good riding roads, which Derbyshire has. :(

c.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

We get this a lot in the East riding of Yorkshire. They use all sorts of vehicles to try and nab us. A white volvo estate, a grey BMW, a builders van, a camper van, a horse box, A snack bar caravan, a load of unmarked bikes and a couple of years ago they were using a tractor with a camera in the cab parked in a field entrance. beat that!! :D

When we go out for a ride. You need eyes like a Chameleon to spot the buggers.

I'm just about to get ready to have a ride to Scarborough for a cuppa. I hope I don't bump into one of the above while I'm out playing. :lol: :lol: :crybaby:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
cooler
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by cooler »

nuggitt wrote:We get this a lot in the East riding of Yorkshire. They use all sorts of vehicles to try and nab us. A white volvo estate, a grey BMW, a builders van, a camper van, a horse box, A snack bar caravan, a load of unmarked bikes and a couple of years ago they were using a tractor with a camera in the cab parked in a field entrance. beat that!! :D

When we go out for a ride. You need eyes like a Chameleon to spot the buggers.

I'm just about to get ready to have a ride to Scarborough for a cuppa. I hope I don't bump into one of the above while I'm out playing. :lol: :lol: :crybaby:
nuggitt,

Memories of Garrowby Hill on a Honda 50cc - back in the day.

:)

c.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I have bad memories of Garrowby Hill. Years ago on my FZ750 I was out with a few friends coming home from Bridlington in the dark. We were doing about 80mph and as we came to the brow of the hill. We came across a line where they'd put a sign up saying loose chippings, and when I say chippings I'm talking 2" thick. Unfortunately by this time we were already on it. I also had the missus on the back. My bum hole was biting the seat whilst trying to slow the bike down before the sharp left hand bend at the bottom of the hill. To say it was a bit tense, even Roger Moore would have struggled with that situation. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
cooler
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by cooler »

nuggitt wrote:I have bad memories of Garrowby Hill. Years ago on my FZ750 I was out with a few friends coming home from Bridlington in the dark. We were doing about 80mph and as we came to the brow of the hill. We came across a line where they'd put a sign up saying loose chippings, and when I say chippings I'm talking 2" thick. Unfortunately by this time we were already on it. I also had the missus on the back. My bum hole was biting the seat whilst trying to slow the bike down before the sharp left hand bend at the bottom of the hill. To say it was a bit tense, even Roger Moore would have struggled with that situation. :lol: :lol:
Nuggit,

Good save! :thumbsup:

c.