Thunderace jacking up suggestions

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
wonkiwheel
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Thunderace jacking up suggestions

Post by wonkiwheel »

Looking for suggestions for a solid jack up point/s as im changing the rear shock.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

What about axle stands under foot rests or hang it from rafters onto rear subframe
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I did it this way. I was doing a lot of work on the bike at the time and as you can see I had a lot of the bits off the bike. I placed a bar through the sub frame and got roadrunner to do all the lifting for me, he's got more muscle than me.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

nuggitt wrote:I did it this way. I was doing a lot of work on the bike at the time and as you can see I had a lot of the bits off the bike. I placed a bar through the sub frame and got roadrunner to do all the lifting for me, he's got more muscle than me.

Hmmm! That looks suspiciously like my axle stands and steel bar :naughty:
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Should I have said WE did it like this? You're name was mentioned in dispatches. I'd be lost without you matey. :nod: :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
wonkiwheel
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by wonkiwheel »

Cheers, axle stands it is then. Ive found a nice place to slide a nice piece of 2x2 just behind the sump, i will need to take the exhaust off which needs a good sand down anyway and the side stand bracket. :nod:
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Years ago I sat mine on axle stands just under the bottom of the frame next to the footrests.
As far as I can remember the frame is a different size on both sides so the axle stands need to be set differently.