On the road again.

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

On the road again.

Post by nuggitt »

Taxed bike this morning. Emptied the old fuel out of the tank. Filled up with fresh and started her up. Got my gear on and took her out for a test run up to Seaways. It felt very weird being back in the saddle after the winter hibernation, but the bike felt nice. Lovely day for it too. Quite a few bikes at Seaways and a very nice car pulled in as well.

Only playing with photo shop with the number plate. I couldn't afford the air freshner for that beast. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
kev.h
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by kev.h »

Bikes lookin nice nugget , I mot'd mine today it's been a while but no problems got to tax it next week,
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Cheers Kev. She's had a lot of elbow grease over the winter months. Done the valve clearances with Mike (roadrunner) and I can't thank him enough. No doubt Ill be supplying him with lots of Babycham's (that's his tipple) over the summer.

Greased and polished just about everything possible. New rear brake disc and pads, new front pads, new tyres, sychronized the carbs, new spark plugs and put some Ohlins front fork springs in.

Heading out on Monday for a ride up to Whitby. (Sorry stig) It's supposed to be going to be a nice day according to the weather boffin's. :nod:
Last edited by nuggitt on Sun May 21, 2017 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Thought you'd have cleaned it first 😱

Looks good mister :thumbsup:

No worries about Whitby... I was there last week in car. Nice weather too
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'm in the garage now cleaning it ready for Monday
I actually had some dead flies on the top half fairing. I'm not having that. :D
Enduro_Rider
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Enduro_Rider »

Bike looks lovely!!! :) :unibrow:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Enduro_Rider wrote:Bike looks lovely!!! :) :unibrow:
Thanks ER. :thumbsup:
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

Very nice!

Looking good John....Noticed any difference with Ohlins?
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

oldskoolexup wrote:Noticed any difference with Ohlins?
When I bought the Ohlin springs off ebay. I was wondering what the difference would be from stock springs. I asked stig because he also has them fitted. He said they'll feel more plusher and he's right they do feel a lot better with damping etc.

I've just had another ride up to Seaway's after making a few minor adjustments with a few things. I've noticed that the front brakes don't feel right. They're working alright but when I pull the lever it feels a bit notchy, so I'm thinking it needs a new master cylinder kit.

While I was at Seaway's I bumped into Dave Garrison.(dogsballx) We met up with him at one of our Lincoln meet ups. He lives in Rotherham.

We chewed the fat for a bit and he was telling me he'd had an off. Not on his Exup thank heavens. He's got a poorly hand at the minute. Unfortunately the clouds at Seaway's were getting a few black bottoms on them so I made my move to bugger off home before they dropped. Good to see you Dave. I'll keep in touch when we get a Lincoln trip up this year.