Carbon chainguards

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
nuggitt

Carbon chainguards

Post by nuggitt »

I've just been talking to a carbon company near Lincoln asking if they do chain guards for our FZR's. She gave me an answer of no but we could.

I asked her if I could get a group buy together on the forum I'm on, could you do it then? She said a group buy would be better and it would have to be between 5 and 10 per order. She's having a word with the powers at be and she's going to ring me back later with an answer and a price.

Would anybody be interested in buying one?
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Thought you already had one same as mine?
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

If you think back. You did ask me that and I said I've never had one, but I do fancy one. Where did you get yours from?
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Fleabay. Can't remember seller tho' .....had it ages
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

I would be interested in x2 if it was similar to the OEM design with a little bit cut out to run the 180 profile tyre without rubbing.

I wouldn't want it like some of the aftermarket ones with FZR stamped in the side.
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Would it help if I sent you mine as it complete other than the 180 section cutout?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Thanks for the offer Jay, but the thing is. With the one I'm sending them I told them they can keep it because I don't need it. I'm sure you'll need yours back. I'm going to take some photos of the good one I have on my bike so they can compare it with the old old chain guards. :nod:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I could take my carbon one over to them so they could make a pattern 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Now that could be a bloody good idea Stiggy lad. I was pondering whether to have a ride down to see them but its an 180 mile round trip. Its at Bourne and called Zero Limits. Shall I give them a ring and tell them of our plans?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Another change of plan Jay. :lol: :lol:

Rdgravy (Dave) who lives in Sleaford is going to have a ride up to me on Monday on his bike, because he has some bike bits for me (remember them stig?)

While he's here he's going to pick up my old chain guard and he's going to take a good one off his fleet of exups and then take them to the carbon fibre place in Bourne, Lincolnshire. That way they'll be no mistakes made. Once again thanks for your offer Jay & Stig.

Is anybody else interested before they start knocking them out? :)
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

ok - all sounds like a plan - have seen some zero limits stuff, I was going to approach them about faring infills for the R model :thumbsup:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

When we get sorted out and the chain guards are ready to collect. I will go down on my bike and pick them up. While I'm there I'll see if they could do the infills in carbon fibre. I have an old pair up in the loft which they can have as a template. Keep you posted. :nod:
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Great stuff - I do have a NOS infill for one side - think it was the right as all my others are cracked or broken in places if that helps? I ordered a pair from yam supplier only the one came, apparently it was the last one on shelf.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

State of play so far Jay. Dave (rdgravy) popped up to see me yesterday and collected my old chain guard. As I'm writing this Dave should be at Zero limits dropping my old chain guard and a good one from one of his bikes. I rang Lisa at Zero this morning to ask if they need a deposit and she told me as soon as she gets them from Dave they'll work out an accurate price for making them. Then we'll take it from there.

Jay are you still wanting two? Let me know.

Dave is going to have a look at their products before he decides if he wants one or not. With him being in my company yesterday, a bit of my tight arse Yorkshire gene has rubbed off on him. He's now finding it hard to get his hand's to go in his very deep pockets. :lol: :lol: :p
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Hi all, these have now been ordered, given the time taken for me to get my act together and sort funds Lisa at ZL has contacted the factory to confirm pricing again and get a mould tooled up etc.

She is now on holiday for a week but will be confirming the order status on her return.

I have gone for triple layer carbon fibre option instead of the middle layer being glass fibre (yuk)

I have also commissioned the carbon infills so will add detail on that also in Nuggits other thread

Thanks to Nuggit for his co-ordination of all this

Jay