Electrical wiring 1990 EXUP Thou, question

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
PUXE
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Electrical wiring 1990 EXUP Thou, question

Post by PUXE »

Hi Chaps,
I have a RED/WHITE wire that I appear to have no connector for.
I have connected the R/W's that form the coil and ignition loop via fuse box, reserve switch etc.
However the question I have is, where the main loom splits off with the wires to the rear subframe for the rear lamps and indicators, there is also a single R/W wire about 6 inches long with a female bullet connector that I can't figure outwhere to place it.

Note: I don't have a subframe on my bike so I have no way of placing it logically it situ but it would be somewhere up around the battery or poss nearer to the ignition box.

Currently, the engine will turn over, fuel pump engages correctly but there is no spark so this R/W has to be critical fir the COIL circuit.

Any thoughts?
Cheers people.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I'll have a look at my loom tomorrow night

From memory I remember a spare wire around the side panel area but can't remember what colours they are
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

If its this one in the photo then it's a spare. It doesn't do anything.

There's also a block connector with an orange and a red wire. I don't think that goes to anything either.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
PUXE
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by PUXE »

Thanks Nuggit, you answered two questions for the price of one. On my loom the red brown had been clipped and left short and had no idea what they were. The R/W... I wondered if it was a Service wire for checking continuation or just an auxiliary power supply.

Really appreciate the response and you posting the picture.
Cheers!