A ride out today

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

A ride out today

Post by nuggitt »

Took myself off to Whitby this morning. I went via Scarborough on the coast road to Whitby.

First port of call was Sanders yard in Whitby for lunch. Well when you say lunch it was more like afternoon tea. With a lovely apple and raspberry pie with custard. Very slimming. I'll have to get these leathers taken out over the winter. :lol: :lol: I can highly recommend this eating place. Thanks Stig.

I nipped into the Whistlestop Cafe. I had a walk round Whitby to ease the stomach a bit.

Five lads pulled in on bikes and parked near my bike. I got chatting to them and they'd come from Blackpool for the day. :eek:

I set off for home after a while and went over the North York Moors to Pickering. It was a bit windy and a tad cool going over the top of the moors. It warmed up a lot as I got to Pickering.

I called at Seaways for one last cuppa and then it was time for home.

As usual. Here's some photos of the day.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Told you they do exceedingly good cakes at the yard :nod: :D

The previously alley way is White Horse yard. Nice food at the restaurant in the evenings (not cheap tho so that's off Mikes list)

Plus there's Arnies cafe in the market opposite Sanders. They serve a nice cold Peroni in the sun trapped area (no use for shandy drinking southerners ) :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
cooler
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

ex pat

Post by cooler »

Folks,

I'm an expat living down South and these photos bring tears to me eyes. :crybaby:

What do I miss? The moors.

c.