Petrol tap upgrade..?????

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Petrol tap upgrade..?????

Post by andy88 »

Hi all....does anybody know of a petrol fuel tap upgrade that bolts straight on.....??? Fzr 1000 ru tank if thats any help.

Ive synched my carbs today, :thumbsup:, but when i removed my tank, ive split and broke the stupid, crap designed plastic square fuel on/off thingymajig.. :doh: :crybaby:

Is there a metal tap that bolts straight on..ive managed to turn fuel on, and refit the tank, but ive had to get pincers onto a small shard of plastic to turn fuel back on... I can ride her, but tank wont be coming off again until a new petrol tap is sourced...i can get a brand new direct replacement,, but i think its a shit design, and if my tank has to come off again, at the side of the road, then i need a reliable fuel tap...any and all help is needed....cheers people....🍻
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Inline tap is probably the easiest option and cheap as chips
AKA Bald headed b'stard
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by andy88 »

Cheers stig ,, didnt think of that one...will have a look and see what i can do..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by andy88 »

Whats the internal size of original fuel pipe from tank to filter,,i cant measure mine now as taps constantly on and got a full tank... :whistle:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Off the top of my head I think its 8mm. I've looked on the yam bits web site at their fuel taps and they fit an 8mm pipe. Can't measure mine at the moment I'm getting ready to go to Whitby. Sorry Stig. :lol: :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Git!
I've got to wait til the end of next week :crybaby:

Btw, 8mm sounds about right. I have a length of fuel pipe at home but can't confirm til I get home from work later
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote:Git!
I've got to wait til the end of next week :crybaby"
It'll be snowing by then. :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by andy88 »

Thanks guys for all the advice.. Enjoy your run to Whitby lucky sod.. :crybaby:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

This is what you need Andy....

I fitted this so I can turn the petrol off and run the engine til the carbs are empty before I store it away for its winter hibernation. :nod:
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by andy88 »

Cheers nuggitt,, found an 8mm tap similar to yours just wasn't sure of size needed.. Will be ordering that today..found a new original tap on bikebitz,,so that at some point will be replaced too..cheers.