Derbyshire Plod at it again...

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Derbyshire Plod at it again...

Post by Teego »

So, after Helicopter Plod, Subaru Plod and Fireblade Plod we have.......
errr, Safety Plod.

Good Friday five of Derbyshire's finest were dispatched to the large layby on the A6 between Ambergate and Whatstandwell.
Duties were allocated: one on a bike to sweep the victims into the pen; one elderly plod to stand in the road and flag victims into the pen; three plod with clipboards to do "safety checks" in the pen.

I digress here but we all know that 99% of all bikes are well/immaculately maintained as their owners' pride and joy/ruin of their credit cards. Unlike 15 year old Saxos driven by 12 year olds.

Anyway I tool into the layby with a couple of pals for a tea and tab break. WTF's going on here? So we observe the fun.

Everything gets pulled from an old Matchless and H**** scooter to serious race reps. "We're just doing a safety check to make sure you're not going to hurt yourself" or words to that effect.

That was total bollox. They were only interested in two things and they had nothing to do with safety. Small plates and loud cans. FFS. Every bike they pulled was immaculate.
Just glad I had the baffle in my Akra and barn door plate on after my MOT. Would have been an expensive day otherwise.

There was one bright spot. Old plod on flag-in duties nearly got run down by an R1. Bike was following a car about 40mph. Plod tries to flag down bike over the roof of car. Rider only spots this idiocy at the last moment and jams on the anchors in an emergency stop. Evades ancient plod and narrowly avoids dropping it as the front locks up. Still got pulled for his cans though.

Noticeable that they didn't pull any cars or Harleys. So the 12 year olds and Wannabees with black and white plates and drainpipe exhausts just smirked as they passed by.

Good to see so much effort fostering community relations. Oh, and bank holiday overtime.
Keep on keepin' on.
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

Good to know they have now moved on from places like MFN & Matlock Bath where checks were only made 'due to residents complaints'
I guess Derbyshire will become a no go area soon, blanket 50mph speed limits have ruined the place some time ago & I now hate a local pootle on a weekend, it's evening rides locally or over to Lincs etc at a weekend but it's creeping up on us in all locations now.
Nick
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

Don't think they would appreciate mine then
Image :D
The Dangerous One
Teego

Post by Teego »

dangerousdave wrote:Don't think they would appreciate mine then
Image :D
Nor your number plate.
Keep on keepin' on.
Teego

Post by Teego »

Just an update on Derbyshire plod. They now have a black BMW 330d estate and a small black Volvo of some sort. Both hang out on the Via Gellia, Whatstandwell bridge and A515.
And I've had another report of a Panigale.
I think they are going to be very heavy handed this year. First the Easter campaign and now they are out on Saturdays doing random pulls for plates and pipes. Also hear they've been showing muscle at MFN.
And I got pulled on the Via Gellia yesterday for going a tad too quick. Sneaky hand held radar as I exited a blind bend. No way I could have seen him. I know where the camera vans park up so they can get a good sight line but this is a new tactic - or a return to a very old one. Only got a warning for running my Akra without a baffle though.
Ho hum.
Keep on keepin' on.
scotty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by scotty »

Thankfully the plod that patrol the Green Welly area and the surrounding areas only seem to be bothered about speeding in the villages along the way, that i totally agree with that, 30 is 30 no matter what your driving.......once you hit Callander the roads are awesome all the way to John O Groats, 1000's miles of twisties and only a handfull of bobbies to patrol it...so sweet...Scotland is so cool....lol...sorry....
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

A mate got done for a small plate at the layby just before Balloch.
It seems they pick and choose whether they do you for something or not.
Teego

Post by Teego »

Teego wrote:Just an update on Derbyshire plod. They now have a black BMW 330d estate and a small black Volvo of some sort. Both hang out on the Via Gellia, Whatstandwell bridge and A515.
I think they are going to be very heavy handed this year. First the Easter campaign and now they are out on Saturdays doing random pulls for plates and pipes. Also hear they've been showing muscle at MFN.
And I got pulled on the Via Gellia yesterday for going a tad too quick. Sneaky hand held radar as I exited a blind bend. No way I could have seen him. I know where the camera vans park up so they can get a good sight line but this is a new tactic - or a return to a very old one. Only got a warning for running my Akra without a baffle though.
Ho hum.
Got a result on this! Speed awareness course, no points, no fine!
Keep on keepin' on.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

Teego wrote:
Teego wrote:Just an update on Derbyshire plod. They now have a black BMW 330d estate and a small black Volvo of some sort. Both hang out on the Via Gellia, Whatstandwell bridge and A515.
Ho hum.
Got a result on this! Speed awareness course, no points, no fine!
Great news.

What's the limit and what speed were u clocked at?
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
Teego

Post by Teego »

So, I got pulled again yesterday. "Just a routine safety check sir. We are looking at exhausts and number plates on sports bikes".
So it's official then. Nothing to do with safety, Harleys or 12 year olds in Corsas. Not good public relations.
Since I'm now running my baffle and barn door plate I was safe.
Keep on keepin' on.
Teego

Post by Teego »

More boys' toys for plod.
Volvo V60 T6 Polestar AWD. Black with black windows. No aerials.
BMW 5 Series. White with black windows.
BMW 330 Estate. Black with black windows.
Haven't personally seen the red Panigale yet but rumours abound.
No sign of last year's Fartblood in plod livery.

I'm not paranoid. They really are out to get us!
Keep on keepin' on.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth

Post by oldskoolexup »

Teego wrote:"Just a routine safety check sir. We are looking at exhausts and number plates on sports bikes".
So it's official then. Nothing to do with safety....
Perhaps I'm living in the past but I thought the police had to have "just cause" to make a stop and when did exhausts become safety governed, on the contrary, there are those who say a slighter louder pipe than normal means the SMIDSY d**kh*ads are more likely to "notice" we are there?

I can "sort of" understand a small plate being problematic for identification but I question what has that to do with "safety"?

Am I being daft?

Just thinking... :(
&
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I got caught last year and attended an awareness course. I got done for crossing double white lines. He wasn't bothered about me doing 120mph. He told me he wasn't allowed to go across double white lines so your not. On the awareness course, the biker cop who was holding the class told us all that Brussels want bikers off the road totally. It's costing the NHS to much money. He also warned us by saying there will be a surge this year and it's happening now in our neck of the woods. The police have a green tractor with a tripod mounted camera in the cab that parks in the entrance to a field, a camper van, a horse box, a builders van. They have the usual unmarked police cars and to add another dimension to it all they now have a young girl police biker rider on a Kawasaki 1400 all in black with no markings and with a top box fitted and a hidden video camera in the fairing and she show's no mercy. :eek: :eek:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth

Post by oldskoolexup »

nuggitt wrote: :eek: :eek:
I see you're a bundle of laughs today!
&
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'm a laugh a minute me matey. You need eyes up your arse when you ride around my neck of the woods. We got followed last week by an unmarked Audi. We spoilt his day by clocking him first.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.