carb sync....which gauges.

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

carb sync....which gauges.

Post by andy88 »

Hi again people.. Need to sync carbs. So looking at purchasing morgan caeb tune 2... Anybody used these, or recommend another brand..thanks....
Andy.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Like Stig says go for Morgan and buy the brass adapters they are stronger than the plastic ones.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by andy88 »

Will go for Morgan then i thinks......already got the adapters, along with capped off pipes fitted to bike, courtesy of previous owners..
These are capped and blanked using fish tank air valves.( i added the valves as a back up to keep vacuum, in case cap failed ) Saves a lot of trouble and time,,,,,,,,,and swearing.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I also recommend the Morgan extended hoses from the adapters. I have a kit on both the FZR-R & the R1 :)
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I also made a remote fuel tank like Yamexup uses

Mine is a coolant expansion tank from a ZXR400 which I hang from the upper floor joists in the garage. I then run an inline tap from its outlet to the remote kit installed on the bike
AKA Bald headed b'stard