float height question.......again

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

float height question.......again

Post by andy88 »

Ok.....so carbs came off and adjusted to 14mm (exup) as per pictures and write up on the tech page.. Used card gauge etc etc etc.
Put her back together and I've now synchronised carbs...
I can now smell petrol and she is popping on tickover, only just popping but you can see it on gauges..

My question is this........
When carbs are propped up, at an angle with the float pin just resting. And you measure your 14mm height, do you just measure straight up,from the gasket rim, or do you adjust your measuring tool to the angle that the carbs are sitting.

I measured straight up, which will in theory add height to my measurement if your meant to follow the angle, im guessing they will measure at least 4-5 mm over, taking my float height to near 19mm, hence running rich and popping.....

Can someone please shed some light on this, as weekend will be another strip down and float set....correctly this time....
:thumbsup:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Guage should be at 90 degrees to the machined face where the bowls fit to the bottom of the carbs
AKA Bald headed b'stard
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by andy88 »

So.......Basically ive set them to high.. :whistle:

Not a problem,, will be resolved this weekend... :drunk:

Cheers as always stig.....