Day off headaches

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Lowiefzr
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Day off headaches

Post by Lowiefzr »

yes i had today off and decided to finish off building the carbs with new float needles /gaskets after a 2 week strip n sonic clean , i had flooding in no3 before .. now ive had them on and off 4 times cause its moved to no 4 and the batterys flat well that will teach me to have the bank holiday off wont it anyone near the fridge pass me a beer :mad:
current fzr1000 , fzr 250 rr
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Just a thought, but are you keeping each carb part separate and not mixing them up (and moving the problem from one to another?)
Flooding is generally down to a faulty float needle but if you put new ones in and it is still doing it then have a look at the floats - do they have a hole in them which is letting them fill with fuel and so not floating?
Are the floats free to move and not sticking?
Keep us posted how you get on (or do we have to wait for the next bank holiday to find out :) )
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
Lowiefzr
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Lowiefzr »

yep all parts kept in order i even thought i fixed it today with a new float pin and float tested on the bike today without firing up all fine !!!!
so i thought plugged everything back on started up then whey hey 60 sec later fuel pissing out of number 3/4 overflow tube again guess some more head scratching is needed lol oh well for a 30yr old bike its gotta have a little wee i suppose ohh and did i say my big fat fingers hate small fiddly parts lol update tomrz
current fzr1000 , fzr 250 rr