FZR 250 - anyone

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Lukather
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

FZR 250 - anyone

Post by Lukather »

I have a FZR 250 - I am looking for someone to work on it and get it back together anyone have recommends or interested everything done painted wheels powder coated frame ect new tyres

As you can see done quite a lot of work myself

Engine needs all new seals and putting back together it ran fine prior just don't have time to do it with work commitments
Will provide all new parts

Pref Manchester area

Cheers - help
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Give banner001 a PM. He put a post up a while back asking if anybody.wanted any engine work doing and his prices were very reasonable. I'm not sure where about's he lives in the country. I'll see if I can find his post. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Lukather
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Brilliant !

Post by Lukather »

Prepared to travel for right person as I do a lot of driving and the company I manage have drivers going all over the country in vans

If you could find. That would be excellent

C
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

Whats the saying, good, cheap, fast, pick two and forfeit the other...in my case i am good and cheap but i aint fast :D

i can do the work for a reasonable price especially if you are supplying all the necessary parts, but its gonna take up to 4 months in all honesty as im currently refreshing one bike and rebuilding another.

i can have the rolling chasis done quick, the engine stripdown is no problem, just let me know how far you want to go with it, and how much you are willing to invest in money to get it back to spot on (i.e. getting valve seats replaced, replacing all the main/big end bearings, new piston rings/barrel hone, all new internal seals/clips/springs/thrust washers, suspension refurb front and back etc.).
Current bikes:
1989 UK FZR 1000 EXUP-R Streetfighter @48,000 miles
1993 ZXR 400 L3 UK-spec Track-bike @21,000 miles
1994 ZXR 400 L4 UK-spec Commuter @48,000 miles
1999 Malaguti Phantom F12 scooter with 70cc kit+mods @14,000 miles
Lowiefzr
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Lowiefzr »

looks very tidy how did you get the casings so clean ??? i have got bits of my 250 in boxes and a whole spare on minus the engine must stop buying projects and work on it
current fzr1000 , fzr 250 rr
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

its coming down to my this saturday, ive got two weeks off work in mid-april, so in between fettling the engine of my 70cc racing scooter, putting the newly sprayed fairings back onto my zxr400 and getting it MOT ready, wiring in a 440W amp and sub into my car, and wiring in a DAB radio and car-phone microphone ill be doing this little gem!
Current bikes:
1989 UK FZR 1000 EXUP-R Streetfighter @48,000 miles
1993 ZXR 400 L3 UK-spec Track-bike @21,000 miles
1994 ZXR 400 L4 UK-spec Commuter @48,000 miles
1999 Malaguti Phantom F12 scooter with 70cc kit+mods @14,000 miles