Which pads for blue spotcalipers

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Which pads for blue spotcalipers

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

Might sound a bit of a daft question, but what pads am I looking for? Changed the standard back ones, but I'm guessing I need R6/R1 pads for the upgraded fronts? Cheers
1991 FZR 1000 Exup
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Search for any fitment for early R1 1998 ish then use that pads code to search pad brands and prices

Code should be FA252HH

Check these out

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/400896583915
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Crazy L
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Crazy L »

I swear by those pads. I ran them in my Thundercat, my 955 'tona and now my Thunderace.

Long life, good wear rate on both pad and disc, and just all round rather good. Good price too going on what I've paid a pair in the past.
Crazy L, The Original since 1976
Answer RC
Sworkz
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I need a full set for my blue spots. I have these in mine at the moment and can also recommend them. Another good thing about them is they don't make a load of dust on the white front wheel. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Gord »

I use these pads on my YZF750, its fitted with silver spots from a 5,000 miler Fazer 1000. They are excellent pads.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote:Search for any fitment for early R1 1998 ish then use that pads code to search pad brands and prices

Code should be FA252HH

Check these out

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/400896583915
I've just bought a set (thanks for the link) and now my eBay pot is empty Stig. I'd better get the wife down to the docks this weekend :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.