exhaust servo pulley wheel

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
rocket robbo
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

exhaust servo pulley wheel

Post by rocket robbo »

There was summat on here a long time since regarding someone from this forum being able to make or get hold of the little valve pulley wheel from the exup valve..these were made of stainless steel

Doe anyone remember the article?..can these still be purchased ???

cheers
current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
1989 fzr1000 exup single sided fighter
Dadrider
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Dadrider »

I wonder if he would be willing to ship to the US?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Seeing that pic of the pulley wheel got me thinking (I know, dangerous pass time that one!)
Why does there need to be the fork sticking out the side of the wheel? I recon the wheels would be fairly quick to produce if the fork was removed. You could then turn them in the lathe from solid stock. As long as there's an indicator mark on the face of the pulley to show where it needs to line up with the casting hole in the header collector box and the cable retaining holes are in the right location, then the hardest part would be forming the squared off central hole where it fits the shaft of the valve. Recon the hole could be broached if carefull and had the proper knowledge

:unibrow:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Is the fork and the hole behind, so you can insert the correct sized rod (ie drill bit) into the hole to keep the pulley from moving whilst you adjust the cables?
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Yes but that's all its for. As long as there's an indicator mark on the front of the pulley to line up with the hole the cables can still be adjusted ok
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Stig wrote:Yes but that's all its for. As long as there's an indicator mark on the front of the pulley to line up with the hole the cables can still be adjusted ok
Mmmmmmmmm.
Good idea Paul. Now what if you had a big arrow for the standard setting and a few grooves either side for advance and retard. Like you want to set up for low down grunt or top end madness.
Keep on keepin' on.
Dadrider
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Dadrider »

Dadrider wrote:I wonder if he would be willing to ship to the US?

I reached out to Dave. He did make me a pulley and cable holder. They are little works of art. He does excellent work on these.

Thank you again Dave. Without saying something that might offend in the difference in culture across our pond's Dave you are the MAN !

Dadrider
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

No problem, and thanks👍
The Dangerous One