1st project, coming along nicely....

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

1st project, coming along nicely....

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

Hi,

Bought myself one of these to see what all the fuss is about, and I absolutely love it. Always been a big fan of the late 80's/ early 90's bikes, and dreamed of owning a GSXR slabby as a kid. Eventually got one, kept it for a bit, then got offered an EXUP, thought I'd try it, and it blows the Suzuki out of the water. Here's mine so far, just saving for a full respary, but had a dabble myself and think it looks ok for a novice with a rattle can!
Thanks for the acceptance to the board........
1991 FZR 1000 Exup
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

1991 FZR 1000 Exup
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Welcome in. Unfortunately I can't seem to open your photos for some strange reason. :crybaby: :crybaby:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

I haven't a clue mate. Maybe I haven't uploaded them right?! I'll have another bash.
1991 FZR 1000 Exup
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

That's Better. Goodie another red/white/Blue fzr to the fold. Nice looking bike.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

Thanks mate. My old man is a bit of an amateur mechanic, so he's stripped and rebuilt everything engine wise, and did the wheels on his polishing wheel. Thinking about ploughing some money into this, then buying another for a work hack as I like it that much. Think I'm a Yammy convert now after having Suzukis all my life!
1991 FZR 1000 Exup
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Very smart ride you got there

Seems the mans finally seen the light and come over to the dark side
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

It seems that way now!! My dad had an 1100 slinky when I was a nipper so I got the obsession from there, but I'm glad I've got this now, and can't believe how it handles. I live 10 minutes away from Squires in Sherburn, and the attention it gets it mad, as I've not seen another there.
1991 FZR 1000 Exup
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I and a few others on fzr's were there quite a few times last year. We'll have to meet up this summer. You'll have to get the teas in though seeing as you're a newbie. :D
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

Sod that, have you seen the price of a tea there?!! No wonder the robbing get is going about in a helicopter :D
1991 FZR 1000 Exup
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Precisely!! We'd best take a flask. :lol: :lol:
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

I used to go to the old Milk Bar as a kid, and it wasn't as bad, but when he moved up to New Inn and it grew and grew, so did his prices! Still one of the best meets in the country though on a Wednesday night I reckon mate.
1991 FZR 1000 Exup
Swoggy Loiner
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Swoggy Loiner »

http://imageshack.com/a/rimg633/1387/nNrxkk.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/8471/J2SSMN.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/5437/u8QxtR.jpg

Found a couple from when I 1st bought it. Not bad for 650 quid, especially as I went up to Hartepool with a grand in my pocket to pay the asking price, but the poor lad's wife said 'make us an offer, it needs to be gone today' :nod:
Cheers love, tax and insurance sorted, and still some left. Poor lad was gutted :D
1991 FZR 1000 Exup
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Could I suggest you using photobucket to post your photos with. The imageshack ones don't want to open up for some reason. :retard: :retard:

I used to go to the old squires place in the sixties. I think it had more of an atmosphere than the new place.

Harry Weston the old owner sold it on to the guy who's now charging stupid prices for teas etc.