My 1st project. .

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

This is what's inside

And what it normally looks like complete and in good condition

AKA Bald headed b'stard
odbguy
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by odbguy »

Ahhh nice one thanks for that now I have more idea of what I'm actually ment to be looking at!!

And which of these parts may you have for sale?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I do the complete header. Everything's been stripped, lubed, checked and all threads sorted. All bolts replaced with stainless. Valve, pulley and faceplates been blasted and housing painted with high temp exhaust paint.... Basically ready to fit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/151836257720
AKA Bald headed b'stard
odbguy
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by odbguy »

Oh that looks a million times better than what I have and is exactly what I need. Even the dog bones !!! Lol

More than I can afford at the moment tho really. I will have a think and see cheers Stig
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

It would make a lovely Christmas present from the other half. Image :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it a bit to early for mentioning Christmas?
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
odbguy
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by odbguy »

Haha not at all she has been dropping hints for weeks ! Lol

Its on the list ! ;)
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I can help out on price if we keep ebay out the loop :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
odbguy
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by odbguy »

I sent you a pm
odbguy
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by odbguy »

Can anyone advise what's the crac with polishing the frame and swing arm if there's scratches and marks on it?
I was going to powder blast it, cover up the marks and get the frame either black or white but iv been thinking and I'd rather the polished look but don't know what I'd do about the scratches and such on it ?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Both frame and arm are anodised as std on the r models. First thing is getting that off before attacking alloy for polishing. Easiest way is s gritted mop on electric drill ....takes a while mind you and the black snot is a nightmare

As for scratches, always work across the scratch to remove it

If you have funds look into resto kits from perfect polishing. Have a word with Eunice, she's very helpful of providing you with what you need to do the job. Just make sure you have plenty of spare time if you phone Her lol :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rocket robbo
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by rocket robbo »

polishing the frame and swingarm are hard work....you will need various polishing mops and soaps ,also a decent polishing machine.also after each polishing session you will come out of the shed looking like Al Jolson,its physicaly hard graft especially the frame ( i know ive done 2 frames lol)
after that i decided the easier option would be let some other fool erm sorry person do it

i know a service that would do it for you but unsure of cost ,could be over 100 quid...they are in Scotland but are very very good...google Steet Evolution Motorcycles....if you phone them mention my name (Robbo) from scunny and im sure both Sam AND Rob will put you right
current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
1989 fzr1000 exup single sided fighter
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Here's the arm I did earlier, cue blue peter

Anodize removed

Finished item

AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Luckily for me my frame was polished when I bought it. I still have to keep up with it though. My frame is nowhere near as nice as stigs swingarm. That is like a mirror.

As Robbo stated after a few hours on the polishing mop You'll look like a coal miner after a 12 hour shift. A couple of years ago I came in the house one night after polishing my swingarm and the wife screamed out because she didn't recognise me. Even the dog barked at me.Image

If you do start then welcome to the black snot club.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
odbguy
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by odbguy »

Wow !!! Now that is polished !! Lol

OK so it's going to be a lot of hard work ... hmmm .. I was just about to say do you want to do a 3rd Robbo ;) lol
Even tho powder blasting is evidently a lot cheaper and easier .. I still think polished frame is the way forward for me ..

My only concern is just the scratches and marks .. I don't mind putting in the man hours do if that's what it takes then I guess that's it..

Also, I had to Google Al Jolson .... had a giggle to myself when I saw him. Haha
odbguy
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by odbguy »

Hey Stig I may be able to get the downpipes of your sooner than 1st thought.

Now I just need to come up with a story for the missis on where I got my new downpipes ... haha
What exhaust will go with the original downpipes, will I be able to fit any with the correct link pipe??

I'm going to call into Perfect Polish 1 day on way home from work, I looked at there site and there place is only a short diversion on my route back up north so will get the frame and Swingarm sorted soon.

I not been home this weekend, iv missed my little ExUp like I miss the missis and kids!! Lol