Man down!!

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
willandrip
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by willandrip »

Very warming to hear you are able to laugh, even if very painfully.

Rib injuries are the pits.

I probably have some bits for donation once you put your spares list up.

Will
Endeavour to persevere.
willandrip
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by willandrip »

How's Roadrunner doing ?
Endeavour to persevere.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Spoke to Mike this morning Will. He went to the doctors to get his foot looked at and the doctor thinks he broken his metatarsal bone. Mike's in a lot of pain and having trouble walking short distances. Poor sod. He's still a few other ache and pains in other parts but the foot seems to be the worst. With the thickness of the branch his foot hit I'm not surprised it hurts. :eek:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

roadrunner, hope you get better you mad old bastard...we've all been there, mines still in un-sexy pieces following my off, if you need free help spannering your new bike give us a bell.
Current bikes:
1989 UK FZR 1000 EXUP-R Streetfighter @48,000 miles
1993 ZXR 400 L3 UK-spec Track-bike @21,000 miles
1994 ZXR 400 L4 UK-spec Commuter @48,000 miles
1999 Malaguti Phantom F12 scooter with 70cc kit+mods @14,000 miles
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Hi chaps! Just opened up the lap top to see what's happening in the EXUP world. Thanks for the enquiries as to my and my exups well being. As nuggitt said I'm in a bit of pain from my right foot and am waiting for an X ray to confirm their diagnosis (or not) If it turns out that the metatarsal is cracked or broken, they will treat it like broken ribs, in other words, do nothing and let nature take it's course :( With regards to my ribs, neck and knees, I'm still feeling some pain. My foot hurts the most with my ribs a close second. But by far the worst thing is the damage to my mint EXUP. From being a near perfect example of one of the first off the production line, to a total wreck is the hardest thing for me to bear. I can't even go into the garage because it's so upsetting. What makes things worse is that this bike has sentimental value to me too, which I won't go into here at the moment.
I have another bike here that I bought for parts and or rebuild so I possibly could use that as a source of parts, my only reservation is that if I do get the bike rebuilt, there won't be much of the original one in it. I am thinking of doing it though and using as much of the original as I can even if I have to repair rather than replace items.
I've had this bike for 25 years of it's 26 year life. The first owner was a certain Chris Vincent, ex side car world champion (I think) and father of Jay Vincent (again I think) So there's a bit of history there too.
Getting back to rebuilding my baby.... Does anyone on here possess a set of number and letter punches in the correct Yamaha font they could loan me? I would take good care of them.
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

banner001 wrote:roadrunner, hope you get better you mad old bastard...we've all been there, mines still in un-sexy pieces following my off, if you need free help spannering your new bike give us a bell.
Thanks for the offer of help John but I reckon I'm a long way off doing anything to it at the moment. It's not so much my injuries but I seem to have lost my mojo and can't find the motivation to start what is promising to be a long and demanding project.
But I will see. It might be just the ticket, to get me off my arse this coming winter :(
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Come along Mike, chin up. Get ya finger out ya arse, there's cake needing eating in Lincoln. Nuggitt can't do it all alone, he's like a fish outta water without you flailing behind
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Realitybites
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Realitybites »

Sorry to see this, glad you made it through relatively ok. If you find any parts over here in the US and need them shipped locally and then shipped on, give me a heads up.
Brit living in the U.S

"You can lead a horse to water, but you're not bringin' that dog in 'er mate"
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Not going to claim on insurance?
Keep on keepin' on.
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Teego wrote:Not going to claim on insurance?
No Teego, I'm not going to claim on my insurance. Realistically, how much will the insurance company pay out on a 26 year old bike? Not a lot I suspect!
Anyway I'm sure they'll get it all back with increased premiums and the like. Besides all that, I've got to an age where quite a few companies refuse to give a quote due to these advancing years. The last thing I want to do is give
the companies who are willing to quote another reason not to.
I'll just have to take the hit and look at the bigger picture :(
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Realitybites wrote:Sorry to see this, glad you made it through relatively ok. If you find any parts over here in the US and need them shipped locally and then shipped on, give me a heads up.
Thanks for the offer mate. I'll bear it in mind, though I think I should be ok for parts, as I have another complete bike here that I bought a couple of years ago, that I can dismantle for the parts I'm likely to need.
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

roadrunner wrote: Does anyone on here possess a set of number and letter punches in the correct Yamaha font they could loan me? I would take good care of them.
I hope you dont mean punches to re-teap the letters on your frame and engine. If you do mean this its not a good idea to post this on a forum. Its a little bit illegal if you are changing numbers on a frame or engine. :paranoid: