Funny looks this morning

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
nuggitt

Funny looks this morning

Post by nuggitt »

I'm setting my stall out to change the seals etc on my rear M/C. My back brake disc as been slowly getting hotter and hotter over the last two months with the pads binding. I / We (Mike) changed the caliper seals 2 years ago so I don't think thats the problem. I've never changed the internals on my M/C since I've had the bike so I'm pointing the finger at that.

While I'm waiting for the kit to come. (which should be today) I went into town this morning to try and find a large shringe, because I'm going to reverse bleed the system. Tried all the usual shops like Wilko's, Boyes and Yorkshire traders. All I got was strange looks from the counter staff with a sharp NO! :lol: I even tried a car parts shop, he sent me to a pushbike shop. (I couldn't work out the connection with that one) :retard: The pushbike shop owner sent me to Superdrug and Boots. They then pointed in the direction of the Chemist. No again! I tried Tesco's and one of the customers in the shop said try the vets. So I did and I got two for a quid. What made me laugh was when I asked the staff at Superdrug you ought to have seen their faces. You'd think I was Mark Renton from the film trainspotting. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Check also that the brake shaft moves freely in the bracket. I found the same problem on a friend's dirtbike. He'd done the master cylinder & the caliper seals & it was still binding.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Pr1ngle
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Pr1ngle »

i have to agree, we tried our local vets on the off chance that they had a big capacity syringe for feeding foals or calves... biggest they had was a 30ml... managed to pick up a 100ml syringe from work on the sly, we have an abundance of them for PEG feeding some of our patients, did make sure with the manager that we had an ample amount!

another strange place is pcworld... you used to get syringes back in the day for the old inkjet printers, rather than buying new cartridges, you just topped them up :D
Once You Pop, You just cant Stop... Unless you've seized a Piston...