Lincoln trip

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Lincoln trip

Post by nuggitt »

We're having another meet up at Lincoln on the 26th of September (Saturday) It will be at the usual place at the Brayford pool, bottom of Lucy Tower street.

It would be nice to see some new faces instead of the usual ugly die hards that go.

I hope you'll be coming again Nick? (Or will you be having your beard trimmed on that day?) We haven't forgotten how you disappeared into thin air at the bike fest and didn't get a round of teas in. :naughty: I think I remember the excuse you gave, your missus wanted to take you into some woods somewhere near Willingham!! :blush: :blush:

Don't worry lads if your bike isn't a R/W/B one. We are two down already so please come along and make the numbers up.

I'll keep an eye on the weather for that date. Hope to see you all there. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I'll start digging the bike out now shall I?

It's not moved since last trip :crybaby:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I bet the old dead flies are still on it too. Disgraceful it is. :naughty:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

Two days before pay day so the tea might be cups of water lol, I also have the grass to cut which you so kindly reminded me of as I'd totally forgotten about it! (I've still not done it yet!)
It will need to be a dry weekend guys as both bikes now have white wheels & I hate cleaning :D
Nick
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

You could always bring a flask. Tight arse :lol:

I agree about it being dry. White wheels are a pain in the bum. :lol:
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

Tight arse? I do have a wife to keep you know! :eek:
Nick
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

robertcains wrote:Tight arse? I do have a wife to keep you know! :eek:
Err, not quite sure what you're saying there.
Keep on keepin' on.
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

Haha, guess I should rephrase that comment........ Then again :unibrow:
Nick
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

I'd love to come if it was on a Sunday, but as it's a Saturday iv got other commitments that I can't get out of :crybaby:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

This is a reminder that the Lincoln trip is now taking place on SUNDAY the 27th of September, instead of Saturday.

Anybody fancy coming along?

We are meeting up at the Prezzo Cafe and restaurant at bottom of Lucy Tower Street near the Brayford Pool. :nod:
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Sorry John, yet again I will be a no show.
Bike in bits, no MOT, kids football match on Sunday, the list goes on......... :crybaby:
Looks to be a nice weekend so you should have fun! :nod:
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Sorry to hear your bike is still poorly Dave. Is it still the carbs playing up?

I don't know how I'm going to eat all these cakes etc. Ill be needing some new leathers at this rate. :lol:
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

nuggitt wrote:Sorry to hear your bike is still poorly Dave. Is it still the carbs playing up?

I don't know how I'm going to eat all these cakes etc. Ill be needing some new leathers at this rate. :lol:
I managed to get the carbs sorted, I think one of the new pilot jets I bought was dodgy.
I swapped the suspect one with an old one and the bike ran on all four again.
The issue now is that I did an oil change and found coolant in the oil. :crybaby:
I've stripped the top end down and have a new head gasket ready to fit.
I now just need the time and motivation to do it.
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Fatdog wrote:
nuggitt wrote:Sorry to hear your bike is still poorly Dave. Is it still the carbs playing up?

I managed to get the carbs sorted, I think one of the new pilot jets I bought was dodgy.
I swapped the suspect one with an old one and the bike ran on all four again.
The issue now is that I did an oil change and found coolant in the oil. :crybaby:
I've stripped the top end down and have a new head gasket ready to fit.
I now just need the time and motivation to do it.
What some folk do to get out of paying for the teas. :lol: :lol: Good news about the carbs. The problem you have now is getting the motivation at this time of year will be difficult. You'll just get it finished when it's time to take it off the road for winter. Mind you in the past, October is sometimes a good month weather wise. It would be good to meet up again before we tuck them away for the hibernation period. :nod:
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

I think your are right John.
You start thinking what is the rush when you know the summer weather is over with.
It would be good to have one more meet up before the years up and I should make more of an effort with it (i mean it's not that big of a job putting the top end back on is it?).
I'll try and have a go at it this Sunday after my lads football match, but I'm not promising anything!!
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down