Another clutch question!

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
curragh
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Another clutch question!

Post by curragh »

How do, is the clutch setup the same from 1989 to 1995? on the EXUP, were there any improvements made to the clutch plates on the later models regarding the small plate and spring on the 1990 R models? I remember reading somewhere that they changed after 1993, does anyone know. I am going to do the clutch conversion to the 750 basket and am getting a complete clutch from another EXUP, not quite sure of the year yet but i just need to know some facts before i go buying the lot, i may just buy the 1000 basket and swap the gear wheels over and that way the bike can stay on the road and down time will be less.

Thanks in advance

John.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

You are correct, the clutches were improved by removing the smaller plate and replacing with a full size item. I believe the 750 plates and steels are also interchangeable with the thou too. All the other components across the years will fit.

I too bought and modded a spare basket and also did the factory pro clutch mod at the same time. I've not had chance to fit it yet and try it out to see how much of s difference it makes
AKA Bald headed b'stard
curragh
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by curragh »

Cheers Stig for prompt and concise reply, its just what i wanted to know. I will do as you did and do the factory pro mod as well on a spare so if any thing should go wrong at least the bike will still be going.

Thanks

John