WTB right side tail cowling

Post your items for sale and items wanted here.
yo4hgx
Technician
Technician

WTB right side tail cowling

Post by yo4hgx »

A piece of @#$%^&**&^%$#!!!!!! broke my bike last night!!!

Any chance to find a good condition '95('96) right side tail cowling, in blue/red/white/black scheme?...

Oh, and after taking a closer look found the cooling liquid recovery tank broken too.

Please call 07481 745038 / Southampton
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I have this overflow tank which may have been on a RU. It's yours for the cost of postage

AKA Bald headed b'stard
yo4hgx
Technician
Technician

Post by yo4hgx »

Thanks Stig! I'll PM you the address.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I spotted this whilst browsing. Its not in the best of conditions and its in America too.

RIGHT SIDE FAIRING PANEL

One of our members (I think its realitybites) has just recently moved over there. He has often said if us in the UK want anything sending over he would help out if he could. You could give him a try if you're interested in buying it. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
yo4hgx
Technician
Technician

Post by yo4hgx »

Thanks, I've seen it already, I spend all night searching all the ebays! Maybe if it was in the same shape as the left side I would have tried something but like this, with all the trouble I feel like it doesn't worth. I patched mine with some epoxy resine and I think I better wait for a better condition one.

It's so frustrating, I spent so much energy to keep this 20 years bike in its best of shape and after less than a month in UK a punk put a hole in it. This NEVER happend even in the black spot of the chart (eastern europe). I'm a bit high as today the engine overheated and had to pull over and top up the cooling liquid like three times... the tank doesn't leak but it seems the hose is broken or something else is lose... or who knows what else is messed up. I will have to take it apart and take a closer look to all that sh*t. Why somebody would do something like that???? This is definately NOT the best of my time...
yo4hgx
Technician
Technician

urgently needed valve cover gasket

Post by yo4hgx »

To not start another topic, short story I need urgently a valve cover gasket.

Long story, while fixing the cooling liquid leakages, once got hands dirty said to replace the head cover gasket too (dirty old oil around). Ordered it by evilbay from "bitzforbikes" as was the fastes delivery and... crap! First traffic jam the "half moons" popped up like popcorn so I had to hire a van to get myself to my next waypoint from my travel. So here I am, in Nottingham, beautiful rainy day... stucked in a cheap hotel and bike in a covered car parking, bleeding oil like everywhere.

The guy from the "bitzforbikes" offered a replacement part but even he swears this NEVER happened before with any of their gaskets as they are top quality ATHENA brand... I'm very reluctant to use the same piece of crap again on my engine.

So lads, which is the best place to order a decent quality valve cover gasket from ... that have fast delivery too?

This is the shit part http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150832684770? ... EBIDX%3AIT

And this is how it blew up

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

If you have the van for transport, you're very close to Granbys at Ilkeston to be able to collect gen yam items. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have them in stock
AKA Bald headed b'stard
yo4hgx
Technician
Technician

Post by yo4hgx »

Stig wrote:If you have the van for transport, you're very close to Granbys at Ilkeston to be able to collect gen yam items. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have them in stock
I don't have the van anymore but I've called and they do have the OEM gasket in stock so it looks like I'll have it by tomorrow. Now let's see if they'll let me work in the parking...

Thanks STIG, you're a life saviour!!!